Help: Premature wear on E46 rear subframe bushings

Racebred

Core Group Members
i have no problems with mine, even though they are tracked extensively.

still, i changed them to PU powerflex ones.

firstly, how old is your car?

The car's manufactured date is Oct 2001 although registered in Feb 2003.
Mileage is 28,000km.

I am just afraid that the bushing has hardened during the period the car was left at the port.

I am having rear driveline clunk. Prop shaft, diff. and diff bushings were replaced under warranty. There's a slight clunk every time the drive line is loaded and laxed. Backlash from the final drive should not transmit so much clunk and vibration into the cabin right?

PML is now suspecting the flex disc and subframe bushings.

I do know that the rubber bushings may have hardened over time.

Would appreciate any further advice.

Thanks v much!

since your car is still under warrenty, let PML crack its head and solve the problem for you. car ownership shouldnt give you headache. just make sure they have a spare car for you since they cannot fix the problem even after a few tries, and then relax and drive home a problem-solved car.

as for driveline clunk, remember to go for an EGS update if there's a newer version available. it solved my clunk problem.

Drift,

I'm having the same problem as well. Mine is a FL 318 Apr 2002.

I got PML to upgrade the EGS software, but did not help, as the clunk is still there. Now I'm suspecting if they did infact upload the new software version. :thinking:

Really lost as to what I should do. My warranty is expiring next month! :verysad:

Let me know if you have any updates. I might send my car next week to get them to do something about it before the warranty is up.

before your warrenty is up, go to the CSL and have an understanding with him, if have black and white is better in case halfway he quit, and tell them that since this problem occured before the warrenty period is up, and they havent been able to solve it, then that particular problem should be continued to be warrentied against despite your car age exceeding the overall warrenty period.

usually they are nice about such things so they'll allow it. you just have to bring it to their attention.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8823

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back