Heyz

Archie

Forum newb reporting...

Longtime BMW owner who went to the dark side three years ago (bought an Audi A4)...

While I love my A4, I kinda miss the ULTIMATE DRIVING EXPERIENCE and my backside is getting itchy... esp with how sweet the F10s and F30s look...

Anyway, hope to learn how the beemer is like nowadays and please be gentle if I do something dumb in this forum. 8)

Re: Heyz

Welcome Archie.
Do you mind sharing with me what's the main diff between Audi and BMW, or rather what is the thing you miss about the UDM?
I always ask Hitmee this question but he refuses to answer.

C3P0;713068 said:
Welcome Archie.
Do you mind sharing with me what's the main diff between Audi and BMW, or rather what is the thing you miss about the UDM?
I always ask Hitmee this question but he refuses to answer.

I'll compare between the B8 1.8T (current drive) and the 320i E90 (last Beemer).

The B8 turbo-charged engine acceleration was beautiful. The dashboard could display all sorts of info (including a digital speedometer) which ultimately appealed to the geek in me. There were also a lot of technie geekie stuff (like rain sensor, Bluetooth pairing for mobile) which just felt cool. Finally, the LED lights (esp the daytime running lights) were just too chio. I liked the sharp edgy styling around the car.

However, in terms of handling, response and road noise, the E90 was much better. A minor point, but I liked how there were all these compartments all over the place to keep stuff like spare cashcards, keys and stuff, which somehow, isn't in the Audi.

And finally, maybe in a sign that I'm getting old, I'm starting to appreciate the more minimalistic design of the BMW dashboard... lol

One reason I'm looking back at the F10 and F30 is that a lot of those things I appreciated in the A4 can be found in these cars... :D

My fren's B8 2.0 car always had problems with engine oil. Its like every 500km he have to top up. Been into agent several times but still could not figure out any problems.

Apparently its quite a common issue?

I think the main thing is after driving BMW, u become a better person. ac323 say one

Frankly, B8 Sline is THE car i'm lookin at b4 gettin my 320LCI. Sline bodykit is veri much a looker in its stock form, really need not zhng liao....coupled with full frontal and rear LEDs lamps (i'm a sucker for LEDs). Everytime i see B8 Sline, i will :drool::drool::drool: .... Perhaps Ive not sat in a B8 long enuff to differentiate the ride feel but i'm totally a big time aesthetic whore loh...... for if its not for the fact its generally $20-30K more ex than a e90 LCI (even for pre-owned), I would have gotten a B8 Sline oredi :errrrrrr:

skins;713103 said:
My fren's B8 2.0 car always had problems with engine oil. Its like every 500km he have to top up. Been into agent several times but still could not figure out any problems.

Apparently its quite a common issue?

Nope, never encountered that.

I didn't have any major issues with the car, except some problems with the engine mount which the service manager picked up and got it fixed.

Actually, I must say that PA's service centre is much better. i asked my SE if PML's service centre has improved and she gave me this sheepish look... :laughlik::laughlik:

MW;713105 said:
I think the main thing is after driving BMW, u become a better person. ac323 say one

The folks at VAGSG said that after driving an Audi, u become a better person.

So, now I am best? :screwedu::laughlik:

het;713106 said:
Frankly, B8 Sline is THE car i'm lookin at b4 gettin my 320LCI. Sline bodykit is veri much a looker in its stock form, really need not zhng liao....coupled with full frontal and rear LEDs lamps (i'm a sucker for LEDs). Everytime i see B8 Sline, i will :drool::drool::drool: .... Perhaps Ive not sat in a B8 long enuff to differentiate the ride feel but i'm totally a big time aesthetic whore loh...... for if its not for the fact its generally $20-30K more ex than a e90 LCI (even for pre-owned), I would have gotten a B8 Sline oredi :errrrrrr:

To be honest, if you are an aesthetic whore, the Audi is the one to go for. Actually, if $$$ is not an issue, you should have a look at the S5.

If I have money I will switch to S5. Swee.

Archie;713115 said:
To be honest, if you are an aesthetic whore, the Audi is the one to go for. Actually, if $$$ is not an issue, you should have a look at the S5.

Agreed....but $$$ is ALWAYS the issue :angry:

Sad to say, DRL wise, A4's nicer than A5....A4's curves along the projector headlamp...A5 DRL is those common type. I rather vote for Golf R 'U' shape DRL loh.....but no doubt, A5 got some very sleek bodyline :cloud9:

BMW angel eyes still bestest!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manueldevecchicom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups