Hi All!

premraj

hello all,

i'm new here and got my very first bmw on 30 dec 08. its a 320i professional and i am loving every minute of owning it. i've had quite a few cars in my lifetime and the 320i is probably the best i've ever driven. so, if you see someone smiling ear to ear in a 320, that'll probably be me.

actually, i have a couple of questions about the stock headunit and ipod compatibility but i found that i'm still unable to post. guess i'll have to wait a few more days before i can clear my doubts.

hope to learn more about the ultimate driving machine from everyone here.

thanks!

cheers,

prem

Re: Hi All!

Hi Premraj,

Welcome to BMW.SG....have you activated ur account in the forum? If so, you should have the rights required to post. But i can't tell u for certain cos i'm relatively new myself.

In the meantime though, you can post your queries in this newbie section till u sort out ur posting rights.

cheers!

southpaw23;409553 said:
Hi Premraj,

Welcome to BMW.SG....have you activated ur account in the forum? If so, you should have the rights required to post. But i can't tell u for certain cos i'm relatively new myself.

In the meantime though, you can post your queries in this newbie section till u sort out ur posting rights.

cheers!

hi southpaw23,

thanks for the welcome! i received an email and clicked on the "activate account" link. i also got a pm from a lovely lady (automated!) saying that i need to be registered for 5 days and post 10 msgs (or something like that) before i have full access to the forums. so, i'm just waiting patiently for now. :D

i'm really new to bmw so i'lve a million and one questions but my main query now is the audio system that comes in the 320i. i tried connecting my ipod to the usb port and while it can play the songs, i am unable to get my playlists. when i select "dir", i get my song titles all garbled, much like if the ipod is connected and accessed as a hard drive on a pc.

i read somewhere that there is a special "bmw ipod cable" for this and wondered if i needed this or if the problem was just the result of something i am not doing correctly. popped a thumbdrive with some music into the usb port yesterday and it was absolutely fine. can't imagine why the discrimination with the ipod.

so there, the first of a long list of questions. ;)

thanks again!

cheers,

prem

i believe for ipods, you would in fact need to get a separate cable for it. That's the case for most other headunits as well. If a HU supports flash drive connections through USB, it doesn't necessarily accept iPod connectivity.

These are usual separate things. Mainly cos of the technology i suppose. But again, i have no experiencei n this so i'm only throwing out educated guesses at best.

U might wanna start a new thread with the appropriate title on this in this same forum section. Remember, you need to get up to 10 post anyways....cheers :)

southpaw23;409572 said:
i believe for ipods, you would in fact need to get a separate cable for it. That's the case for most other headunits as well. If a HU supports flash drive connections through USB, it doesn't necessarily accept iPod connectivity.

These are usual separate things. Mainly cos of the technology i suppose. But again, i have no experiencei n this so i'm only throwing out educated guesses at best.

U might wanna start a new thread with the appropriate title on this in this same forum section. Remember, you need to get up to 10 post anyways....cheers :)

i guess i'll just have to amass the posts here. ;) an odd system but i guess if it helps keep the spammers out, then we'll just live with it.

i know the ipod directory structure, and the way it is interpreted by systems, is unique. just felt a little "short-changed" (for a lack of a better term) that a bmw wouldn't be ipod ready.

ok, i'll just wait till i can post in the forums. thanks again for your advice, southpaw23! :)

ok, one more post to hit the magic "10". hopefully, i'll be able to start seeking advice from the bmw gurus in the forums after. fingers crossed!!

premraj;413071 said:
ok, one more post to hit the magic "10". hopefully, i'll be able to start seeking advice from the bmw gurus in the forums after. fingers crossed!!

i guess not. :(

haha...still having trouble posting in the main threads? Have you activated your membership through email?

southpaw23;413111 said:
haha...still having trouble posting in the main threads? Have you activated your membership through email?

i am sure i did. hmmm...... :(

ml2spin;413245 said:
Oi - i search for you lah since we are in the same office building!!

good to see you here, mr ml2spin.

so, have you given some thought about what we discussed? need me to get you a "quotation"??

;)

southpaw23;413111 said:

don be so excited bro

soon u r so busy that u even hv to drop yr work to read so many posts..
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win79boston
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back