Hi guys

Oil Burner

Hi all,

someone pointed me in the direction of this active forum this morning, and here i am!

been zooming around in an e90 diesel over the last year, hence the forum nick.

thoroughly enjoy the handling & performance of my "beast" and looking forward to exploring this forum in more detail from now on to both to learn and share.

Re: Hi guys

Oil Burner;679440 said:
Hi all,

someone pointed me in the direction of this active forum this morning, and here i am!

been zooming around in an e90 diesel over the last year, hence the forum nick.

thoroughly enjoy the handling & performance of my "beast" and looking forward to exploring this forum in more detail from now on to both to learn and share.

Hi Oil,

welcome onboard......

cheers

ck, i'm from across the causeway :)
looks like diesel power is still not very popular in s'pore.
quite a few converts over here already who are addicted to the massive torque from a 4 potter, although we have yet to go euro4.

Oil Burner;679995 said:
ck, i'm from across the causeway :)
looks like diesel power is still not very popular in s'pore.
quite a few converts over here already who are addicted to the massive torque from a 4 potter, although we have yet to go euro4.

so far in SG only Taxi is popular with diesel.....

cheers

ac323;679996 said:
so far in SG only Taxi is popular with diesel.....

cheers

..and buses and lorries i guess?
:) get the same comments here too.
the N47T with its new efficient dynamics common rail is a true marvel - fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions all in one, without sacrificing performance with its humungous torque. i wasn't a diesel fan too, until i test drove the car and fell in love with it, hehe.

wonder if PML has any up for test drives?
i'd be happy to give anyone a "taxi" ride if I'm down south anytime, for the experience :)

Oil Burner;680003 said:
..and buses and lorries i guess?
:) get the same comments here too.
the N47T with its new efficient dynamics common rail is a true marvel - fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions all in one, without sacrificing performance with its humungous torque. i wasn't a diesel fan too, until i test drove the car and fell in love with it, hehe.

wonder if PML has any up for test drives?
i'd be happy to give anyone a "taxi" ride if I'm down south anytime, for the experience :)

actually Jaguar got a diesel variant here in SG...........

* so nothing from PML yet.........
cheers

Cool, i seen a few of e60d in Malaysia and supose 1 or 2 od e90d caught my eye when i in the south. My pal is using the 35d engine and previously on a 530d. I was put on the ride and convince with the "g-force" during pick up. The torque is great too! Diesel cars has higher tax and i suppose this is the core reason for its low acceptance level here. Maintainence cost could be a factor too.
I was told the earlier BM engine is not adapting well with the MS123 std diesel in malaysia, bigger and newer diesel engine from BM is able to cope with the higher sulpur content. Wonder if it is true? Yours a 320d?

Steffan, yup, the 530d is a beast - 500Nm's with a super smooth inline 6!
mine's the smaller sibling, the 320d - only 380Nm's :D
ms123 has been phased out since 2009, we're now on euro2M, which enabled BMW to bring in the new N47 efficient dynamics engine. there's talk that it may move to euro4 in the next 2 years. for now, the DPF is removed from the exhaust regeneration system to allow it to run on euro2.

the tax structure is based on engine capacity here, so the 4 potter 2 liter diesel pays the same as its petrol variant. not a bad deal indeed.
diesel engines are hardier, and actually forged to withstand higher combustion chamber pressures - the compression ratio is as high as 20:1 for a diesel engine (to auto ignite the diesel) vs a petrol engine's typical 10:1. diesel itself has self lubricating properties too. let's see how my baby fares of the next few years compared to all my previous petrol cars.

Oil Burner;680736 said:
Steffan, yup, the 530d is a beast - 500Nm's with a super smooth inline 6!
mine's the smaller sibling, the 320d - only 380Nm's :D
ms123 has been phased out since 2009, we're now on euro2M, which enabled BMW to bring in the new N47 efficient dynamics engine. there's talk that it may move to euro4 in the next 2 years. for now, the DPF is removed from the exhaust regeneration system to allow it to run on euro2.

the tax structure is based on engine capacity here, so the 4 potter 2 liter diesel pays the same as its petrol variant. not a bad deal indeed.
diesel engines are hardier, and actually forged to withstand higher combustion chamber pressures - the compression ratio is as high as 20:1 for a diesel engine (to auto ignite the diesel) vs a petrol engine's typical 10:1. diesel itself has self lubricating properties too. let's see how my baby fares of the next few years compared to all my previous petrol cars.

Hahaa, nevertheless 320d is still a "big brother" among the E92!!
Great to know that Malaysia is constantly improving the diesel grade, opening more diesel engine lover into its class. My pal and gangs are followers in the diesel bimmer...
Nice inputs from you, Hope to see more of your postings in near time.

thanks alex.
i noticed you are a newcomer as well - welcome to you too!
nice ride you have, the 335 is a turbo monster

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debettaxi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back