Hi Hi!

Hi all 318i owners or soon to be,

Collected my car for 2wks Installed solar film from tintsycool which i tink is quite good and price is reasonable.

No complaints about the car so far and FC is around 10.5km/l according to the computer.

my previous ride is toyota rush with slower pickup, rougher engine and similar FC! steering wheel also feels like flying when i hit 120km/hr :( So i am definitely much happier with my current ride although it had burn a big hole...hehe

Just to share my test drive experience with C180, 318i and A4 before i decide on 318i.

Pricing after discount: 318i: 115k, C180: 133k A4:139k (not sure how much overtrade they willing to give as it depends on the amount of loan) 3 of them have similar OMV.

Cabin size: 3 of them almost similar however I just cannot fit into the back seat of A4 after adjusting the driver seat(btw i am 1.8m tall)

Showroom and quality of sales agent: CC and PML has the best service quality and showroom. Audi showroom is so small and agents simply do not bother about my presence at first and I have to desperately calling a sales agt to serve me :furious:

Tech specs on paper: 318i lose big time in terms of century sprint and horsepower although it have the 2L engine (highest road tax)!

Interior: C180 best followed by A4 and den 318i
Test driving: I manage to test drive 3 of them and hit them on the expressway. C180 steering wheel is a little too light for me at low speeds but at higher speeds its quite ok( adaptive steering), 318 and A4 ok for me.
A4 and 318i has smooth pick up and quiet engine. C180 is quite rough(similar to my toyota rush). 318i has the smallest horsepower, strangely, i do not really feel much difference during the initial pickup from 0-60km/h compared to the other 2. However i would say A4 has the best power after 60km/h.

Road handling: 3 of them equally good...Maybe i do not really have the chance to cut corner! If not 318i will stand out due to 50:50?? hehe

Exterior design: I think A4 stands out among the 3 especially with the LED (ah beng lights)

Conclusion: A4 is a no no for me due to cabin size and sales agent really turns me off( I wasnt treated like a VIP and I feels like i am in a KIA showroom!!by the way, i been to KIA to take a look at the new KIA coupe) However, if I have a deeper pocket to burn, i will seriously consider C180 as the interior is really nice and classy and it feels luxurious.

Any comments welcome and oh ya, is it true that 318i is made in germany and other 3series from south africa?

Re: Hi Hi!

good write up!

thought 318 was also south africa.

FC 10.5km/L!

shoo gd!

i can nv achieve that number :(

laksa;494571 said:
FC 10.5km/L!

shoo gd!

i can nv achieve that number :(

Ooo, maybe because u r driving 320? nothing comes for free...hehe

Btw, i do rev at times(below 4000rpm though as my car hasnt break in first 2k yet...almost there)

Heard that FC will be slightly better after break in? Really hope it is true as I am quite a heavy user.

duno maybe i changed rims so FC nv that gd :(

Hi Paperplate888,

Congras and welcome in...........
nice write-up and especially the part where you mention LED light (ah beng lights) - Lol..........................

you are right 318i is from Germany..................the rest South Africa.....but no worries

BMW = Sheer Driving Pleasure

vroom vroom,

cheers

paperplate888;494567 said:
Hi all 318i owners or soon to be,

Collected my car for 2wks Installed solar film from tintsycool which i tink is quite good and price is reasonable.

No complaints about the car so far and FC is around 10.5km/l according to the computer.

my previous ride is toyota rush with slower pickup, rougher engine and similar FC! steering wheel also feels like flying when i hit 120km/hr :( So i am definitely much happier with my current ride although it had burn a big hole...hehe

Just to share my test drive experience with C180, 318i and A4 before i decide on 318i.

Pricing after discount: 318i: 115k, C180: 133k A4:139k (not sure how much overtrade they willing to give as it depends on the amount of loan) 3 of them have similar OMV.

Cabin size: 3 of them almost similar however I just cannot fit into the back seat of A4 after adjusting the driver seat(btw i am 1.8m tall)

Showroom and quality of sales agent: CC and PML has the best service quality and showroom. Audi showroom is so small and agents simply do not bother about my presence at first and I have to desperately calling a sales agt to serve me :furious:

Tech specs on paper: 318i lose big time in terms of century sprint and horsepower although it have the 2L engine (highest road tax)!

Interior: C180 best followed by A4 and den 318i
Test driving: I manage to test drive 3 of them and hit them on the expressway. C180 steering wheel is a little too light for me at low speeds but at higher speeds its quite ok( adaptive steering), 318 and A4 ok for me.
A4 and 318i has smooth pick up and quiet engine. C180 is quite rough(similar to my toyota rush). 318i has the smallest horsepower, strangely, i do not really feel much difference during the initial pickup from 0-60km/h compared to the other 2. However i would say A4 has the best power after 60km/h.

Road handling: 3 of them equally good...Maybe i do not really have the chance to cut corner! If not 318i will stand out due to 50:50?? hehe

Exterior design: I think A4 stands out among the 3 especially with the LED (ah beng lights)

Conclusion: A4 is a no no for me due to cabin size and sales agent really turns me off( I wasnt treated like a VIP and I feels like i am in a KIA showroom!!by the way, i been to KIA to take a look at the new KIA coupe) However, if I have a deeper pocket to burn, i will seriously consider C180 as the interior is really nice and classy and it feels luxurious.

Any comments welcome and oh ya, is it true that 318i is made in germany and other 3series from south africa?

paperplate888;494574 said:
Ooo, maybe because u r driving 320? nothing comes for free...hehe

Btw, i do rev at times(below 4000rpm though as my car hasnt break in first 2k yet...almost there)

Heard that FC will be slightly better after break in? Really hope it is true as I am quite a heavy user.
FC will improve over time dun worry

Tks guys for all the positive feedback.

Hope my review will actually help ppl out there in deciding their first entry level conti car.

cheers, all the best!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winterbrian89
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back