Hi, Just bought a 316 and thought i should join this forum

monkey79

Hi everyone - After "borrowing" my father's car for like 15 years I decided to bite the bullet and get the 316i business.

The business edition comes with smaller 16" rims. I'm not too much into performance or sporty looks but 16" looks quite off so I wanted to change these to the 17" ones that come standard with the sports edition but PML quoted me a crazy price (+4k).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a workshop where I can trade in the 16" for standard 17" bmw rims? I am sure there are my bros who trade up to aftermarket wheels the moment they get new cars so the workshops should have supply? How much is it like to be around?

Re: Hi, Just bought a 316 and thought i should join this forum

You may check out our site sponsors like Top 93. They provide Good service n reasonable price.

Cheers!

Welcome welcome monkey79 :wavey:

Hello and welcome!

Try Top93, fantastic service.

17" where got diff in looks ? Look around and check out the other rides before deciding.

18" will be swee swee but run-flat tyres will not be cheap, $2K+ for parallel import and close to $4k from PML just for 4 tyres

monkey79;1057661 said:
Hi everyone - After "borrowing" my father's car for like 15 years I decided to bite the bullet and get the 316i business.

The business edition comes with smaller 16" rims. I'm not too much into performance or sporty looks but 16" looks quite off so I wanted to change these to the 17" ones that come standard with the sports edition but PML quoted me a crazy price (+4k).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a workshop where I can trade in the 16" for standard 17" bmw rims? I am sure there are my bros who trade up to aftermarket wheels the moment they get new cars so the workshops should have supply? How much is it like to be around?

Hi Monkey,

welcome onboard...........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Yeh, no 18" no talk. RBB say one.

monkey79;1057661 said:

hi monkey 79, welcum....

try site sponsors top 93... sure will get u a sextisfying lim....

Welcome to Sheer Driving Pleasure...

Go for 18" setup, balance of looks and comfort.

brosiss;1057828 said:
Welcome to Sheer Driving Pleasure...

Go for 18" setup, balance of looks and comfort.

staggerred set-up too.............

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Have the 316 Business also. Considered 17" tires. But didn't think anyone would really notice them.

Also, handling is good with 16" already. 17" would just increase fuel consumption, road noise and make the ride harsher.

Rotational mass is one major factor - if a larger rim has a lower rotational mass compared to a smaller rim then you can get better FC and pickup even though its bigger.

ojsi;1058158 said:
Have the 316 Business also. Considered 17" tires. But didn't think anyone would really notice them.

Also, handling is good with 16" already. 17" would just increase fuel consumption, road noise and make the ride harsher.

Red_Bean_Bun;1058197 said:
Rotational mass is one major factor - if a larger rim has a lower rotational mass compared to a smaller rim then you can get better FC and pickup even though its bigger.

One way of reducing rotational mass is to switch from RFL to non-RLF.

16" to 17" will be quite a waste of money.

Go straight to 18"s. non RFT and forged wheels. You might end up with lighter overall setup.

Bear in mind stock wheels + RFT are heavy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nohuvin

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back