hi, need some advice from BMWers

matrix_76

Hi, i am interested to get a 325i coupe, but want to seek some advice from BMW forumers on the performance of this ride and any recommendations and areas to look out for.

hope to hear some expert advice :)

Re: hi, need some advice from BMWers

its an excellent car. the performance of the coupe is pretty good. build quality is also fantastic. the cabrolet though is 200kg's heavier which is why performance suffers.

overall iam impress with the free reving engine at high rpm's and still maintains a very high level of comfort and silence.

go for it!

matrix_76;517115 said:
but how does it compare with the Audi A5?
to compare against A5, using 325 u shld be comparing against the 2.0L A5.

have tried both and to be honest the A5 2.0 is very ra and rough becoz of its in line 4 turbocharged engine. refinment is definitely as good as 325. power wise i feel 325 is still better and power delivery is more linear across rev range.

looks wise i must say the A5 steals the limelight. also the dashboard is more sophisticated looking then the 325's.

when it comes to handling its a no brainer. the bimmer ismuch more composed and the steering response is not artificial like the audi's

OMV and resale aspects the bmw will be a much better choice.

personally i would still go for the 325. but if u r looking at the A5 3.0L then its a diff ball game altogether.

325i any time

Plus if you Juice-up the 325i with BOSS PowerBox.......even better......................

BMW = Sheer Driving Pleasure

Happy Searching..........

cheers

The funny thing I over heard from the ongoing Audi vs BMW debate came from my wife's friend - she said "A BMW is like a Hermes handbag - forever class, while a AUDI is like a Coach handbag - a wanna be!!!" I could not stop laughing when I heard that from this lady who is a car aficionado (Drives a Porche and Range Rover). I bet many engineers will beg to differ!

Wins88;517208 said:
The funny thing I over heard from the ongoing Audi vs BMW debate came from my wife's friend - she said "A BMW is like a Hermes handbag - forever class, while a AUDI is like a Coach handbag - a wanna be!!!" I could not stop laughing when I heard that from this lady who is a car aficionado (Drives a Porche and Range Rover). I bet many engineers will beg to differ!
haha. personally saying audi is a coach is a little far fetch la. any idea this price and quality difference between hermes and coach? its quite far apart leh. i would say audi is more a botega.

in some ways audi is still playing catch up, but i feel the gap is very narrow. any slackening by bmw would definitely see audi surpass them. they r manufacturing cars that are really tempting in every aspect. many bimmer drivers i dare say r becoming closet fans of audi

AUDI engineering is amazing. IMHO somehow, the driving experience just doesn't hack it when compared against a BMW.

Wins88;517225 said:
AUDI engineering is amazing. IMHO somehow, the driving experience just doesn't hack it when compared against a BMW.
yup. bmw engineers, got the balance, steering feel and response absolutely perfect.

alot of the other marks like VW, Audi and merc are artificially weighted. tightening only at high speeds.

matrix_76;517108 said:
Hi, i am interested to get a 325i coupe, but want to seek some advice from BMW forumers on the performance of this ride and any recommendations and areas to look out for.

hope to hear some expert advice :)

Follow your heart matrix.
I love E92 to the core. Would have gotten it if not for practical reasons. Confirm will be looking at one, after my girl grows up a bit and can climb by herself into the back.

there are many E92 on the streets...let's assume if they did compared with another closest ride to E92 (e.g. A5) before making their decision...then E92 should be the best choice amongst the pool of candidates...

if u are the one who like driving, pls go with E92!..E92 335i lagi best...based on same budget, can try for second hand in the market...sgcarmart has a few at the moment if not mistaken...

Good luck and hope u get ur ride soon!!

One more thing - E92 has more mod potentials. I said this not because I own a E92, but it's because there's this website which I always visited for mod ideas - comparatively my E90 has less mod parts available as compared to the E92. I suck thumb.....

If performance is what you are looking for, it's a no brainer. But price vs performance, Audi does give BMW a good fight for the money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
new88_juki85
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back