Hi new E36 owner

Re: Hi new E36 owner

Got a 320i 4 doors but auto gear box :roll:

Yeah! Outing ! Keep me in the loop !

SC_IS;448925 said:
Post a picture and share. We are organizing a e36 outing soon. stay tuned. :)

When? can i join in Uncle SC_IS? I am a young newbie :D

C3P0;448931 said:
When? can i join in Uncle SC_IS? I am a young newbie :D

This Robot is a pilot...... He drive a AEROPLANE........
out of 10 x meetup...... say wanna come... oni cum 1x........ :liar: :liar: :liar:

milk15;448940 said:
This Robot is a pilot...... He drive a AEROPLANE........
out of 10 x meetup...... say wanna come... oni cum 1x........ :liar: :liar: :liar:

Everytime I say I want to come, i end up coming at damalu. :p
I heard Breyton think of your hair, then come also. :lol:

Ok, sorry for OT. I'm serious about e36 meetup hoh.

Loupisk;448907 said:
:lol2:

Yeah seems that electrics are not really that good on the E36. When I went to view the car the headlight switch was completly mad. When you switch the lights on, it was flickering like a Xmas tree. :lol2:

But it has been repaired. :yummie:

Electronics on the E36 is simple, but the wirings and connections are old. Remember to check the wiring loom in your boot for frayed wires, common problem for the E36.

Regarding the high cost of maintenance mentioned before. I got a first taste of it.

A power window was faulty. So I ask my regular mechanic to have a look at it.

He calls me and says 300 for a second hand window motor or 400+ for a new one. I answered :"WHAT?" Something was not right.

I went online and found some for 100 SGD in the US. Called propel, Jonathan had one unfortunately not the right model but a much cheaper price.

So here I go online.

All I know is that my mechanic sent the car to a sub contracted electrician. That electrician will not touch my car ever again. What a steal !:biggun: :stop!:

Today I brought the car to 8 cushion.

Coud not tahan anymore the sagging roof lining.

I got it changed.

I also did the door panel and I have foreseen to do the all the four seats next month in the same leather as the doors.

Should get the car tomorrow. Will post pic when possible.

I am looking to put angel eyes on it. Any idea where I can get some in SG?

SC_IS;448925 said:
Well what model did you get brother?

Post a picture and share. We are organizing a e36 outing soon. stay tuned. :)

Loupisk;451069 said:

Obviously, u called the wrong person in Propel.... :laughing: :laughing: :D

Loupisk;451069 said:
Today I brought the car to 8 cushion.

Coud not tahan anymore the sagging roof lining.

I got it changed.

I also did the door panel and I have foreseen to do the all the four seats next month in the same leather as the doors.

Should get the car tomorrow. Will post pic when possible.

welcome to e36 ownership :) you will come to love this car... i got myself e36 a year ago and i agree on the engine maintainence... you need TLC for this car...

anyway, whatever you need.. like angel eyes, door panels, body kits and watever... u juz give milk a call.. i believe he has most of the stuffs you mentioned and wat you need... of cuz there are quite some other ppl selling e36 stuffs.. can just look at the merchants list and you will find a few of them.

thks for the feedback !

But Milk? where does he work ? Could you PM me the details?

Thks.

tjy;451078 said:
welcome to e36 ownership :) you will come to love this car... i got myself e36 a year ago and i agree on the engine maintainence... you need TLC for this car...

anyway, whatever you need.. like angel eyes, door panels, body kits and watever... u juz give milk a call.. i believe he has most of the stuffs you mentioned and wat you need... of cuz there are quite some other ppl selling e36 stuffs.. can just look at the merchants list and you will find a few of them.

SC_IS;448837 said:
Brother, take it from a half-senior E36 owner, focus on engine and maintaince first. Interior you can screw i for now. You can have it beautiful inside but when the engine gives you shit it wont matter at all how comfy you are inside.

I learnt this from the seniors + hard earned paid lessons. So take my advice. Focus on a well running engine first. Assuming you did not buy from a enthuist owner, you're gonna be spending alot on fixing things in the next half year. So be prepared.

Bro my car pickup slow. 0-100 timing like 10 or 11 secs.
How can i improve my performance? Any advice? :whythis:

Well, so far, I just did an oil change, filters and a few details, like one power window motor change.

For the rest, my mechanic says, it is all good ! Up to now, the car has been well maintained.

For the rest, it is a cosmetic affair.

I put :

New roof lining,
After suffering with the seats comfort, I fitted E46 electric seats. It is much better. :yummie:
New leather door panels :nehnehhh:
Fitted a new central console with arm rest. Arm rest and hand brake cover redone in matching leather of the seats and door panel.

Coming soon for the finishing touch,.... new leather on the 4 seats.:yikess:

SC_IS;448837 said:
Brother, take it from a half-senior E36 owner, focus on engine and maintaince first. Interior you can screw i for now. You can have it beautiful inside but when the engine gives you shit it wont matter at all how comfy you are inside.

I learnt this from the seniors + hard earned paid lessons. So take my advice. Focus on a well running engine first. Assuming you did not buy from a enthuist owner, you're gonna be spending alot on fixing things in the next half year. So be prepared.

Look for R2D Autoworks in the site sponsors section.

According to what I am reading they should be able to give you some good advice.

B33M3R;451203 said:
Bro my car pickup slow. 0-100 timing like 10 or 11 secs.
How can i improve my performance? Any advice? :whythis:

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back