Hi, Newbie here in a bad mood ....

Re: Hi, Newbie here in a bad mood ....

1st case: Drivetrain.
Happened on the road, it came out with a warning sound. Power was cut by half. Re-started the engine, the sign went off. PML changed a solenoid of exhausting gas

Recent case, Engine Fault Light on
Started the engine, the car vibrated. Vibration became less when moving. The Engine Fault light was on. At traffic light when car is still, the vibration came again. PML found oxygen sensor fault ...

Hi outlook welcome in.
With all those time wasting, what did pml offer you?

gadaffi;1100731 said:
Hi outlook welcome in.
With all those time wasting, what did pml offer you?

No. only taxi voucher ... Any thing can ask? In my mind, they should offer me 2 year extended warranty with this bad starting pointing ...

Article on oxygen sensor. Both failures are exhausting system? Fishy.

Pelican Technical Article: BMW 3 Series (E36) Oxygen Sensor Replacement

outlook;1100729 said:
Happened on the road, it came out with a warning sound. Power was cut by half. Re-started the engine, the sign went off. PML changed a solenoid of exhausting gas

Started the engine, the car vibrated. Vibration became less when moving. The Engine Fault light was on. At traffic light when car is still, the vibration came again. PML found oxygen sensor fault ...

christopher ngo;1100724 said:
Hi, what is the depreciation and FC good?

My FC: 11km/L for short distance driving in weekdays and long distance drives in weekend.

Congrats on getting a BMW.

There are loads of N18 on the road in Mini. It could be just a lemon.
Nightwind;1100720 said:
i m sorry to hear that Outlook. I think the 4 potters r made in SA. The straight 6s are german made and have higher QC.

But even then i have to warn you PML servicing suxs and i gave up on them years ago.

I still love the BMs, been through 3 of em before i moved to Mercedes and i m missing my old ride.
N18 is made in Oxford same as Mini R5x.

Since EONs ago, all 3 series SEDAN export program to Asia Pac (excluding SKD/CKD countries) is made in Pretoria, South Africa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Got back the car.

Both failures happened in exhausting gas system. Is it too hot in exhausting gas system which leads to high failure rate?

outlook;1100729 said:

Got back the car on Tue. Today, IU is suddenly dead in the evening. No light when card slotted in.

Power supply line issue? Charging circuit issue ....?

outlook;1100839 said:
Got back the car.

Both failures happened in exhausting gas system. Is it too hot in exhausting gas system which leads to high failure rate?

Any way to direct consult BMW designer or service man in BMW Germany?

outlook;1101096 said:
Any way to direct consult BMW designer or service man in BMW Germany?
BQ, it's easier to consult a local good workshop and then get PML to follow the instructions of the outside workshop. The failure analysis skills of most PML technicians are.... err... hmm. .. ah... words cannot describe their ability. Just wanna say that my car went problem free when I started servicing at good reputable workshop after PML warranty.

Too rely on diagnostic tools. The diagnostic tool is very helpful for common KNOWN issues. The report claiming a good condition does not mean there is no hidden issue or an issue not covered by the tool ...

Using tools, the FA may stop at surface level ... not the root cause ...

LimPeh;1101097 said:
BQ, it's easier to consult a local good workshop and then get PML to follow the instructions of the outside workshop. The failure analysis skills of most PML technicians are.... err... hmm. .. ah... words cannot describe their ability. Just wanna say that my car went problem free when I started servicing at good reputable workshop after PML warranty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back