Hi there

Re: Hi there

kenntona;492773 said:
Restorers will focus more on machining your swirl-marks and scratches away and in the most extreme cases, even the orange peel will be buffed away. I have seen a car been machined down with paintwork so thin, the surface is like mirror. Good for deep-through showroom shine - even without any polish, but you cannot keep getting your paint restored. Examples of good restorers are the defunct Spa4Cars and current Elite. They do not take polishing/grooming package. Each session for restoration is $400 and above type. One whole day for one session. No short-cut about it.

Groomers focus on cleaning and glossing up your car. The shine is there, but test it under different lights - example white lights - might show the use of fillers to merely cover/mask the swirlmarks. Wash your car 1 time and the same swirls are there......

The best treatment is prevention. Dun drive into any petrol stations for a wash. It will kill the paintwork.
is it good to have the paint so thin? more prone to stone chips right?

Slater said:
is it good to have the paint so thin? more prone to stone chips right?
No good. The paintwork is stripped down. Gotta apply sealant to protect it. But the shine will stun you. Imagine a black car which shines like mirror...... Think Orh Lulu........ the car took S4C a full 27 hours to restore......... 11 am to 2 am....... Roy was da best !!!

kenntona;492778 said:
No good. The paintwork is stripped down. Gotta apply sealant to protect it. But the shine will stun you. Imagine a black car which shines like mirror...... Think Orh Lulu........ the car took S4C a full 27 hours to restore......... 11 am to 2 am....... Roy was da best !!!
hmmmm, cool.

whos the best in town now in ur opinion? Elite? i reckon 1st auto is also a groomer and not a restorer yeah?

You can go to a groomer as frequent as you want, but a restorer, perhaps once every year? Now, everyone will claim they are a restorer.......

How many hours they spent on a car? 3-4 hours? That cannot be restoration.

if go by agar agar, almost every groomer in town can deliver a stunt car after being groom. but very few will last.

i only had experience with SFC and it really last. IMHO, they are the best groomer/restorer in town.

since SFC closed down I've been maintaining the car with Menzerna FMJ. DIY of course. my car still remain kim kim goot goot with some swirl marks of course.

alright. got it.

thanks bro ken

Dapper;492693 said:
:D Haha...so Slater is the welcome bot for the forum. Thanks for all the greetings, so much love in this forum.

Any recommendations for a place to polish up the car nicely? I want to make it glow. :D

Zaino is pretty good :)

Thanks for all the tips.

Just got my car Zainoed this afternoon at D'car elegance. Looks pretty good now. Groomer there was also recommending me the diamondbrite. Do you use it together with Zaino? May try it out the next time round.

Orange said:
Zaino is pretty good
acupunch said:
menzerna fmj better.
See what I mean? All will stand firm by their brandname. The only way is to use them all and then compare. Which I did.

Dapper said:
Thanks for all the tips.

Just got my car Zainoed this afternoon at D'car elegance. Looks pretty good now. Groomer there was also recommending me the diamondbrite. Do you use it together with Zaino? May try it out the next time round.
I go to Herman and Rased very often. Whatever you use there, dun touch MIRAGE.

Yeah, Herman is a great guy. Have been using him since my previous 2 cars.

Just noticed some water mark stains on my front grills on the chrome part. Sigh, think i'm gonna have to change that. Anyone know if there is a place where i can replace the chrome part with black instead?

Also went into Boss motorsport yesterday to get my juicebox updated to the new version!! WOOHOO.....more power!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
new88_juki85
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back