HID Conversion kits for E46

Azrielsc said:
Hi rex7_vtec,

Just to share an experience with u. I just had my xenons fitted onto my 2002 coupe about 2 wks ago and I did what ivan suggested, remove the fuse to stop the fault lights from flashing. HOWEVER, what fuse do I remove?? This is the fun part! i was trying to remove one by one with the help of the prof! Removed one, the air-con turned off, removed another, the interior lights went off... kinda funny though! In the end, took a pic of prof's coupe and compared with mine.... BUT his fuses were different from mine!! in the end of madly removing fuses, we stumbled on the right one! :thumbsup:

And there hasn't been any problems since! :inlove:

What a difference xenons make! Now I have to find matching fogs... :errr:

You want HID fog lamps? Kekekekeke!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ED520: Not too sure abt E60, but dun all E60 come with HIDs?? I'll help you check with them anyway. their shop is opposite Beauty World in Bukit Timah. But will only be able to let u know next week ya!

Hamann: Kekeke nt too sure abt dat yet, hehe looking for good deal around!

NGAH: For my car, I paid $1150 fitted. Just like Azriel said, its perfect and fault indicator free!

rex7_vtec said:

The only concern that I have with HID fog lamps is that they throw the light everywhere instead of throwing it down. I'm just plained irritated at pple who fit 12,000,000k :screwedu: bulbs and they just shine everywhere and blind the crap out of pple in front of them, so I try my best not to fall into this trap!

Okay okay, enough ranting... Oh how much are HID fogs?? :twisted:

Azrielsc said:
rex7_vtec said:

The only concern that I have with HID fog lamps is that they throw the light everywhere instead of throwing it down. I'm just plained irritated at pple who fit 12,000,000k :screwedu: bulbs and they just shine everywhere and blind the crap out of pple in front of them, so I try my best not to fall into this trap!

Hahahaha not too sure mate, gotta check but I can let you know over curry session on Tuesday!! Kekeke

cab_driver said:
Azrielsc, could you show aome pictures on the HID mods. Thanks.

Cab_driver, i'm not too sure about answering u cuz there are so many different HID mods/replacements etc... Hell, even I don't know why HID came about! :ehhh: All I know are halogen and xenon headlights for our cars and I had my halogen light cluster replaced with xenon light cluster. That's all... :thumbsup:

Same thing with DDEs, CCFLs, ABCDs etc... When they were a hit in 2002, they were called Angel/Demon eyes, now they have morphed to DDEs, etc etc etc...

But what i've done is to copy down 2 links, 2 respectable USA retailers that deal with these kinda stuff!

1. http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/
2. http://www.umnitza.com/

Have fun reading!!

Cheerio! :wavey:

Azrielsc, just wanted to see pics of your HID mod both inside the engine compartment & when the lights are turn on.....if you have any.

goodday to all,

I ve just changed my lights to the Philips HID kit. However the fault indicators are on. So i guess the only solution is to remove the fuse.

My mech was telling me you can solve this problem by bringing yr car to PML to getthe ECU re-programed to recognise the HID and hence the indicator will not light up.

Pls enlighten me and correct me if i am wrong.

Brgds

NGAH said:
goodday to all,

I ve just changed my lights to the Philips HID kit. However the fault indicators are on. So i guess the only solution is to remove the fuse.

My mech was telling me you can solve this problem by bringing yr car to PML to getthe ECU re-programed to recognise the HID and hence the indicator will not light up.

Pls enlighten me and correct me if i am wrong.

Brgds
I'm not too sure how keen PML would be to help you with this problem. However like Azriel indicated in his posts before. You could remove the fuse and rid the indicator lights.

Azrielsc said:
rex7_vtec said:

Hahaha you're rattling on about people having 10000000k lights and now you're interested in the fogs!! Kekeke!!! Your fogs are I think around the 800 region. The radio shop has got to call and confirm again I think cause not many fit HIDs on their fogs!

No lah... actually interested in changing the colour of the fogs to match my 4.3k xenons... HID or not is secondary!

$800 for fogs... thanks but no thanks bro!

Cheerio!

Azrielsc said:
No lah... actually interested in changing the colour of the fogs to match my 4.3k xenons... HID or not is secondary!

$800 for fogs... thanks but no thanks bro!

Cheerio!
Kekeke yea the price is ridiculous, that's why nobody wants to do that for fogs! Me, I'd rather top up and get camshafts man... Hehe :twisted:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back