HID Conversion problem

altreality

I think this has been discussed before - you will need to program the ECU to recognize the new lights.
Due to diff in voltage between the HID and the normal lights- it registers an error.

You can do it at BVO / Riverview etc.

Hi Leo_pris, before u go down to BVO/Riverview, come down to our meetup today and compare your fuse box with others and see if u can spot the right fuse to pull.

I was pulling my fuses like mad before I managed to find the one that stopped the fault lights appearing!! :thumbsup:

HID COnversion,

Hi there,

Thanks for the invitation to the meetup today.... catch yr post too late today....maybe next meetup. Was tryying my luck again this afternoon... I pulled out fuse no 32 and everytime I start the car the check light will not be there, however when I switch on the headlight the check light will appear... is this normal.... or is there a fuse that I can remove to permanently stop the check light.... pls advise...

Oh.... BVO to reprogram.... keen but is it costly? any figures? if not too costly maybe will do that.... let me know....

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

I think if you leave the fuse there - the light will only come on when the headlights are not on.

Do a search on e46fanatics - some points raised about removing fuses.. just take note loh.

besides - takes BVO less than 10 mins to reprog - probably will not charge you too much... mebbe les than $50?

Bros,

There are a few brands of HID kits that will not give an error code, 3 brands that I know of are SuperVision, Xelux & Brightstar, no problems with error codes.

But if you isntalled one with an error codes, there's actually another way of removing the error, which is connecting another bulb to the wiring, over here there are a few who did it, their mechanics just wired a small :) bulb onto the circuit, and the error code was gone and their bulbs were hidden in the fender or something, best part is when you open the bonnet, got light man! Don't need torch light to check your engine parts! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i think most of the accessories shop should be able to do it, but not sure which one, have to wait for the other bros here to answer this question! :verysad: :|

Address of BVO can be found on BMW-SG.
Its at Blk 15 Sin Ming I think.

Heard of the bulb - fix as well... cool idea! Its to "cheat" the computer into thinking the voltage is ok by varying resistance....

Just make sure that the guy who does it knows what he's doing and where he's tapping the current from.

Good luck

HI Guys,

just for your information, I recently found the best HID conversion kit for our BMW, check this out..... totally Plug & Play (sockets are made for BMW!!!) and NO error codes, quality checked to be very good. Comes complete with all the mounting hardwares and good installation manual. This brand should be recommended, Brightstar, taiwan made. :thumbsup:

:laughlik:

Regards,
Shedden

Wow... Cool.... Totally P&P..
Where can I get this stuff? And how much would it cost? Does it matter if my headlights are projectors or not?

Thanks bro.

Chuckky

HI Bro,

I can help you get the sets from here. I'm not sure if Singapore can get it cheaper or not, or whether this brand is available from there or not. Over here it's going for RM1500 (abt S$670) per set, 6500k. 1 year warranty, 1 to 1 swap!

Doesn't matter if the headlights are projectors or not. :thumbsup:

Regards,
Shedden

altreality said:
Anyway, what does it look like installed?

I tested it on once on my car last time before i upgraded to Xenons, but never realised that it was plug & play (because installer installed for me), here's how it looks like!

OT a bit here......

Shedden, you:

(1) facelifted your ride;
(2) dekitted your Hamann, kitted M-Aero;
(3) sold BBS CH, lupped on ACS Type IV;
(4) removed your elephant ears, and wear the AC mirrors.

Anything that I'd missed?

Care to PM me how much was the facelift project?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back