HID Conversion problem

kenntona said:
OT a bit here......

Shedden, you:

(1) facelifted your ride;
(2) dekitted your Hamann, kitted M-Aero;
(3) sold BBS CH, lupped on ACS Type IV;
(4) removed your elephant ears, and wear the AC mirrors.

Anything that I'd missed?

Care to PM me how much was the facelift project?

hahaha.... yup, also removed my Bilstein + Eibach suspension for KW V2! and installed Fortex Dual exhaust, sold my M3 steering for M3 SMG2 Steering, changed my Steptronic gear console to SMG2 gear console, and ditched my normal meter clusters for M3 SMG2 Clusters... oh yeah, also got UUC pulleys at home waiting to install :lol: :lol:

Facelifting the front alone cost about RM11k including installation without spray.

Here are pics of my interior now....

Sorry ah... OT BIG time!!! :verysad:

SHOW OFF!! :drool:

super2ndgen said:
Bros,

There are a few brands of HID kits that will not give an error code, 3 brands that I know of are SuperVision, Xelux & Brightstar, no problems with error codes.

But if you isntalled one with an error codes, there's actually another way of removing the error, which is connecting another bulb to the wiring, over here there are a few who did it, their mechanics just wired a small :) bulb onto the circuit, and the error code was gone and their bulbs were hidden in the fender or something, best part is when you open the bonnet, got light man! Don't need torch light to check your engine parts! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sorry to dig old threads.

but any idea why the 3 brands mentioned doesn't create error codes?

anyone ever tried installing the philips conversion kit frm sung beng? the owner claims to be able to get rid of the light warning, adjust the headlights so that it will not be glaring n will aim at the right position. anyone knows the price? my lights not projector kind so afraid may be too glaring n prone to being noticed by the enforcement agencies....

Technically, the 3 brands do not create errors in the cars' ECU because the input resistance of the ballast is low enough for the electrical system to draw enough current to register as a "functioning bulb". That is why you can solve the warning problem by wiring another bulb in parallel to the ballasts or to remove the fuse to the checking module.

IMO, the fuse should be in place to allow the check module to perform it's normal operation to check the remainder of the bulbs. If i remember correctly, the door ajar warning onthe dash comes from another circuit which takes its power from another fuse (interior light circuit). If the light under the bonnet is a little "bling" for your taste, you can easily wire in a resistor in place of the bulb. A word of caution though, the resistor is going to get pretty hot dissipating the 15W or so of heat.

IMHO, the best solution is to go down to the recommended workshops or PML even to re-program the check module to read xenons as the installed option. With that, all systems will be functioning as per normal. (checking systems in place, bling factor 0%, cool factor 100%)

Happy modding

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dangnhapfun88

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back