High pitch hoooo sound

johnphua

Hi, I'm driving E90 320i lci. Whenever from stationary during d mode when I press hard till rpm over 2k, I notice a short high pitch hoooooo sound coming out. I've also tried ds mode and the sound come only at m1 when rpm over 2k. The rest m2 to m6 no sound and smooth. I've sent it to the east coast centre and was informed is normal. This is my 1st time driving BMW, previously merc and Audi don't have this type of sound. Anybody here having this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: High pitch hoooo sound

Anyone encounter sound at 1st gear after rpm over 2 k?

BloodRush;745900 said:
I encounter the same sound when I rev abv 2k rpm..

I was told it is normal when I sent my car to check at kampung arang centre but really unbelievable

sounds like rear differential problem that i had back in 2008... must be common now to the extend that they will not change or repair. after all, car can drive, no issue whatsoever. welcome to the Bring More Worries club!

Hi, is there any solution for this problem?

its NOT normal. i got my rear diff replaced...

detach8;753257 said:
its NOT normal. i got my rear diff replaced...

Wat happen??

lolz.. U replaced rear differential & ive replaced mechatronic ~~ :dance:

Cheers ~~ :)

Whirrring sound lor, especially when speed goes up to about 40-50kph. MA changed my rear diff and also used a new diff fluid.

detach8;753334 said:
Whirrring sound lor, especially when speed goes up to about 40-50kph. MA changed my rear diff and also used a new diff fluid.

Ic.. Do take note on yur auto gear change.. (eg: gear shift from 1st to 6th or 2nd to 6th when move off) before replacement of mechatronic, it was 2nd to 6th. After replacement, it is 1st to 6th.

No sound for my rear diff during travelling (for now? ) will monitor..

tomace;754895 said:
Ic.. Do take note on yur auto gear change.. (eg: gear shift from 1st to 6th or 2nd to 6th when move off) before replacement of mechatronic, it was 2nd to 6th. After replacement, it is 1st to 6th.

No sound for my rear diff during travelling (for now? ) will monitor..

Any thing wrong with 2nd to 6th?

When instop in manual mode, it goes to 2nd not 1st.
Some thing spoiled?

detach8;753334 said:

Hi, MA took how many days to complete? Thanks

I had MA order the parts, then when it was ready I dropped my car off in the morning and it was done by the same evening. One whole day.

My new LCI 320i has always been starting off in 1st in "D" mode. In my old ride it (pre-LCI) it took off in 2nd.

detach8;755939 said:
I had MA order the parts, then when it was ready I dropped my car off in the morning and it was done by the same evening. One whole day.

My new LCI 320i has always been starting off in 1st in "D" mode. In my old ride it (pre-LCI) it took off in 2nd.

Thanks. But mine don't know whether is it rear diff problem. Mine when 30 - 40 km/h no sound, only when moving off from complete stop when the 1st rpm at 2k and above, a short woooo sound can be heard. I suspect only during 1st gear. The guy at east coast service centre told me it is normal but really unacceptable. Don't know gearbox or rear diff. Thinking of sending to check at MA instead of pml

BloodRush;745900 said:
I encounter the same sound when I rev abv 2k rpm..

Hi, have you solved the problem?

eddienike;754918 said:
Any thing wrong with 2nd to 6th?

When instop in manual mode, it goes to 2nd not 1st.
Some thing spoiled?

Sorry for late reply.

Dunno if its something wrong or not but before replacement of my mechatronic, gear shift is from 2nd to 6th (D position) & now its 1st to 6th (D position) & I clock 40km ~ 80km more than before (a tank usage) :eek:

Driving style no change.

* its under warranty claim :eek:

detach8;755939 said:

Noted ~~

Perhaps tat was e tell tale of mechatronic faulty??

** So hows everything now?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwinyoga

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back