How good is KNN Air filter?

Leean

Hi Bros,

Just how effective is the KNN filter? Any good at all? Or am I just wasting my $$? Thanks

It is good.

Worth the money.

Now..next question.

Is it a panel or aircone?

BTW, what car are you driving?

Leean,
Try ITG too....It's equally if not better....

TripleM said:
Leean,
Try ITG too....It's equally if not better....
Yep,

but issue with ITG a bit harder to maintain if you cannot find the vicious oil that's coating the filter..

Not the same as K&N one.

ryan,
That is true, so must wash the oil off before install and it requires a shorter interval of cleaning compared to KNN..

Do you know if there is any difference between the cone and the panel filter? Which is better?

Leean said:
Do you know if there is any difference between the cone and the panel filter? Which is better?
Better to go with panel for your 4-pot.

Cone is WAY WAY WAY too noisy.

Wah lau eh, KNN filter?? Why not try CCB filter thou it's alittle smelly..... :whattheh:

Sorry for the OT......just being siow......muahahahahaha

'The Great White'

Hi all,

I heard that 318 valvetronic uses only cone filters, not panel ones...is that true?

To reinforce what ryan said, i couldn't believe how loud a cone filter was in a 4-potter till i sat in one... Much louder and it is irritating to the ears after a while!

Cheers! :wavey:

Azrielsc said:
To reinforce what ryan said, i couldn't believe how loud a cone filter was in a 4-potter till i sat in one... Much louder and it is irritating to the ears after a while!

In all honesty, it's not that loud. I've done a CAI on my ride using the filter and personally, I rather have the low humming sound than the sound of the valvetronic engine which to me sounds like a taxi.

rodders said:
In all honesty, it's not that loud. I've done a CAI on my ride using the filter and personally, I rather have the low humming sound than the sound of the valvetronic engine which to me sounds like a taxi.

That's right. Each owner has their personal preference when it comes to putting a cone filter into their 4-potter. Rodder's for one likes the sound, whereas ryan and tbt, didn't like it. So Leean, it'll be good if u sit in a bimmer that has a cone filter so that u will know if u like the sound!

HI,

Thanks for your response...but sound is one thing, how about performance? can you feel anything at all? or is it just a mind thing....

Leean said:
HI,

Thanks for your response...but sound is one thing, how about performance? can you feel anything at all? or is it just a mind thing....

Slightly only. It just an Air Filter. Valvetronic using cone type. E2232 Part number from K&N. I am driving Valvetronic too. ;)
Btw, which year is ur valvetronic ? If u wan performance, try my car.. then u can start from there. :laughlik:

Leean said:
HI,

The biggest worry with a cone is that you may lose low end torque esp when your cone is not shielded from the heat of the engine. Some bros have very nicely set up heatshields that complement the cone. It is also advisable to channel extra cold air to the cone via a pipe from the bumper area. With a properly set up cone or cold air intake some people report that the engine revs much better once you get past 3000 rpm or thereabouts.

Just to clear things up...

Mine was the Pre facelift non-valvetronic engine 1.9 l. And not the 2.0 valvetronic.,

Currently, the valvetronic is using a cone filter (small fist-shape size), but it is inside the stock box.

My cone filter was a CAI setup, so it was damm loud, and very unproud....

Azrielsc said:
rodders said:

That's right. Each owner has their personal preference when it comes to putting a cone filter into their 4-potter. Rodder's for one likes the sound, whereas ryan and tbt, didn't like it. So Leean, it'll be good if u sit in a bimmer that has a cone filter so that u will know if u like the sound!

Remus325 said:
Leean said:
HI,

The biggest worry with a cone is that you may lose low end torque esp when your cone is not shielded from the heat of the engine. Some bros have very nicely set up heatshields that complement the cone. It is also advisable to channel extra cold air to the cone via a pipe from the bumper area. With a properly set up cone or cold air intake some people report that the engine revs much better once you get past 3000 rpm or thereabouts.

Just added Info: Valvetronic no need to do CAI, it's already CONE filter by default. Just buy n change it, no modification required. ;)

Hi Calvin,

Ya, must is the 04 valvetronic also.. so any chance to meet up with u before I purchase my filter?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back