How good is KNN Air filter?

Re: How good is KNN Air filter?

Leean said:
Hi Bros,

Just how effective is the KNN filter? Any good at all? Or am I just wasting my $$? Thanks

Bro l can give you free if you want to it's for e46.

Regds

Funiman :)

Funnyman said:
Leean said:
Hi Bros,

Just how effective is the KNN filter? Any good at all? Or am I just wasting my $$? Thanks

Regds

Oei, no matter how u transform... I still know u :laughlik:
CD CD CD :shoot:
opss... OT

Leean said:
Hi Bros,

Bro l am giving away my knn filter brand new if you need call me a buzz yah....

Cheers

Funnyman

Funnyman said:
Leean said:
Hi Bros,

Regds

Its for me ? thanks 8)

TripleM,

Hi,

Visitor from e34 forum (classics)

Did you get a power gain with the ITG. how would you rate its filtration properties? Was yours a drop in fitment and where can one buy this? My K&N seems to work really well, but some people are worried about filtration and oil on the MAP sensors.

Hi,

Just wanna ask if the K&N Filter fits into the original airbox shouldn't there be enought shielding from the engine against hot air :thinking:

Thinking of replacing the air filter in my ride too but the lost of low end torque makes me think twice :uhhh:

u mean the drop in filters then...
not much difference in performance...
wot is ur ride...if its higher cc, u wun lose noticeable drop at low end la.

I'm currently driving the E46 3.18. Actually its not for the performance but for the sound :twisted: the valvetronic engine makes a whirring noise (I think some forumers call it the taxi sound :lol: ) during moving off. Was hoping to make it more of a growl :thumbsup:

Just came across this report on the net, so still considering my options :thinking:

http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Upgrade/Air_filter.htm

Sorry for being dense.

After all the discussion, I gather that putting in a high flow replacement panel filter element will increase air flow at high end ( better bhp ).

However, it appears that it would reduce the low end torque as well? If so, why?

Re: How good is !@#@!)#&!@#@!)#&!@#@!)#& Air filter?

I just did mine today with a K&N Filter although what i did was slightly different.

Mine looks kinda like that

The engine bay with the metal tubing going down..
PICT0006.jpg

The front bar with the filter
PICT0007.jpg

THe front bar with the filter2
PICT0008.jpg

Must smoother upward revving... although i could be insinuating.. and definitely punchier above 4500rpms..
Only very worried about water ingestion now.. or hydro locking...

well if you want to prolong the air flow sensor you better stay put. It would be better if yo uchange your air filter in each service if you want power

Worms said:
It would be better if yo uchange your air filter in each service if you want power

What kind of power you refer to.. bhp?

I thought filter can be cleaned regularly.. Changing every service will be costly right?

Not unless it's them paper uns...

I am using K&N Cone Filter on my ride. I feel that the pickup is better...I get lesser lag during take off.
Not noisy too leh...
So much better than the stupid cyclone II i have.

Still a newbie but i read that installing K&N filters will decrease low end torque?

Well from wat I read, most felt tat their low end improved. Same for me.

I had given my feeback sometime back and there was a comparison of filters.

Hope I can find it and paste it here.

Cheers!

Whisky_Tango said:
Well from wat I read, most felt tat their low end improved. Same for me.

I had given my feeback sometime back and there was a comparison of filters.

Hope I can find it and paste it here.

Cheers!

That'll be great! Thanks! Btw does changing to KNN filter increase FC?

silky6 said:
That'll be great! Thanks! Btw does changing to KNN filter increase FC?

As long as the flow is better than stock, means more air correct?

So more air means more fuel usually, because the MAF (air sensor) detects the air density and so naturally ECU will govern more fuel. This is general concept for discussion purposes.

Unless you can datalogged your ECU and from there you can tell if its economical.

Found the thread and thanx to Ryan for putting it in the correct folder.
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1910

Cheers!

In most cases, the more major determinant of airflow would be the airbox design of the car. The difference between air filter panels from a performance perspective is negligible.

Some of the things to look out for in your stock airbox assembly and/or DIY CAI are:
- acute bends in the plumbing
- convoluted hoses: these should be avoided because the "accordian" like inner surface will reduce flow velocity and cause turbulence
- where you locate the mouth of the feeder hose in a CAI is very important; avoid low pressure under bonnet areas; if possible should be placed directly incident to airflow
- use of a stack or bell-mouth is encouraged; if you notice, original airboxes usually have bell mouths inside them where the intake hole is.

....just my 2 cents :D

Whisky_Tango said:
As long as the flow is better than stock, means more air correct?

So more air means more fuel usually, because the MAF (air sensor) detects the air density and so naturally ECU will govern more fuel. This is general concept for discussion purposes.

Unless you can datalogged your ECU and from there you can tell if its economical.

Found the thread and thanx to Ryan for putting it in the correct folder.
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1910

Cheers!

Thanks a lot for finding the thread and the explanation! Datalogged ECU seems v chim esp 2 a newbie like me haha coz thinking of some minor mods to my car to improve low end torque. Does the Fc increases a lot? Thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back