How is the 4-zone climate control for BMW supposed to work?

twtan

Just curious if anyone, with this supposed 4-zone climate control system in their BMW or 3-zone for that matter (!), is able to independently control the fan-speed of the front and rear blowers? For mine, the fan speed moves in tandem depending on what the front/rear speed is and I was told that this is how it should work :verysad: !!?! Is this really the case for a BMW???

the 2-zone for my Jap car and 3-zone for my VW definitely do not work this way! The fan speed can be set at high for one set of blowers while the other set can still be independently controlled.

Am waiting to see what outcome PML has to say to this amongst the other issues I have with a brand new BMW!

Re: How is the 4-zone climate control for BMW supposed to work?

What owner manual says?

Yes mine is 4 zone. Can indenpently control fan speed as well as adjust cooling.. total 4

Thanks for the response! Can I check if adjusting the temperature or fan speed at the rear will also have impact to the fan-speed in front, and vice versa? Because that is what is happening to mine - when the temperature/fan speed for one set is adjusted, the other one will also have move in tandem, no doubt not in exact rate!

John74;1089268 said:
Yes mine is 4 zone. Can indenpently control fan speed as well as adjust cooling.. total 4

IF you don't have 4 zone aircon, there will not be a digital panel at the back seat. if all you have are two scrollers, that's a 2 zone a/c.

The 4 zone allows temp and fan to be individually adjusted on all 4 zones.

If you only have 2 zones then the setting in the front affects the rear.

Did you check your idrive settings for the rear climate control ?

twtan;1089272 said:
Thanks for the response! Can I check if adjusting the temperature or fan speed at the rear will also have impact to the fan-speed in front, and vice versa? Because that is what is happening to mine - when the temperature/fan speed for one set is adjusted, the other one will also have move in tandem, no doubt not in exact rate!

Thanks; I did that and ensured that the check box for rear control is selected. Unfortunately, no help :(

Looks like another visit to the PML workshop...

Red_Bean_Bun;1089649 said:
Did you check your idrive settings for the rear climate control ?

Try with the check boxes unchecked ...... see got diff.

Just testing .....

twtan;1089656 said:
Thanks; I did that and ensured that the check box for rear control is selected. Unfortunately, no help :(

Looks like another visit to the PML workshop...

If your checkbox is unchecked, the rear switches off, but the moment somebody pokes the buttons it will turn back on.

iDrive got control anything abt rear climate control ?

No i think its just on or off nia

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back