How long can the car's battery last

Re: How long can the car's battery last

My stock battery has just passed 4th year this month. Car starting in the morning still sounds normal. 65,000km

I just changed my battery (4yrs old) since I found a good deal here. The battery was still ok, although there were signs of corrosion when I removed the original battery.

how much did the replacement battery cost you guys?

ABD

I guess it also depends on whether you have electrical sapping mods like better ICE and other stuff like maybe neon strips in/outside the car.......like in Pui Hia's case....he got damn nice Red LED strips in his interior......

I think most stock BMW battery can easily last 4 years if your car is not ICE'd. My previous E46 one did. 4 yrs, no issues.

Good stuff.

3-4 yrs is abt there for normal cars.

pay some attention to ur car starting sounds, it is a good gauge. if it takes longer to crank/press, then it is time to change the batt.

I'd change it every couple of years though. The price of a failed battery is about 1.5 hours. Irritating.

Ahbengdriver;382430 said:
how much did the replacement battery cost you guys?

Beng, I changed mine with the BMW emergency X3 mobile ard $280 2 mths back. Car was abt 3 yr 3 mths. Was heading for a long trip to Malaysia so was thinking just change it, in case it went dead in Malaysia as the morning cranking sound seems to be a bit weak.

Think the average battery should last at least 3.5 -4 yrs. My longest was the battery on my E46 tht lasted 4.5 yrs!

Any recommendations which battery (how much) to change for E46 and palce to do this?

3-4 years seems a good set of data... by the way, remember to get your alternator belt changed if it is 3-4 years old and about 80-100k kms...

What's a good brand of battery to change?
Gadaffi is promoting Odessy.

Im thinking of Energizer. :yummie:

Herman;382990 said:
What's a good brand of battery to change?
Gadaffi is promoting Odessy.

Im thinking of Energizer. :yummie:

thanks bro the upz... its odyssey. Stay tune for more.

ODYSSEY Batteries

Last edited by a moderator:

ttee;383081 said:
Hi bro, check you battery befor you change, A fully charged battery in new condition delivers 12.7Volts, If the battery voltage is between 12v and 12.3v, recharged for at least 12 hours. if the battery is less than 12v, change new battery.

Thanks for the advice, and if you have any good experience in changing the battery please share. Think I will not go back back to PML and will look for other brands like Varta, Amaron, etc.. Just know that the spec is 70 AH.

cheers!

thanks. my car felt pretty hard to crank last nite. only managed to start after 2 or 3 turns. high likelihood the batt's the culprit? thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk88ing

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back