How much discount to expect from a new ride?

BMW123

Good morning all, newbie on a new car purchase here. I am waiting for the COE to stabilise as i think there is some room downwards.

Typically, can we ask for discount from PML's price tag for a new car? If so, what is the norm or it depends on model?

Re: How much discount to expect from a new ride?

Oh ya, the ride i am interested in is 520d. Right now, the price is $204k listed online.

I dun think pml bring in 520d right ?

BMW123;1001267 said:
Oh ya, the ride i am interested in is 520d. Right now, the price is $204k listed online.

do you have a car to trade in?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Jason8822;1001280 said:

Sorry bro, i assumed. It looks like a solid model to bring in.... makes me wonder why PML wouldn't want to. :thinking:

How much discount depends on how badly the sales and the mgmt wants to sell you the car at that point in time.
Typically ranges from 10-20k.

Jason8822;1001280 said:

not at the moment.....only PI....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Jason8822;1001285 said:
How much discount depends on how badly the sales and the mgmt wants to sell you the car at that point in time.
Typically ranges from 10-20k.

Thanks for the guidance... will probably check with PML if they are bringing in near future.

ac323;1001283 said:
do you have a car to trade in?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Yes, have trade in. Not sure how this is going to work. Assuming i am given $10-20k discount, and if i trade in, i don't think the trade in price for my ride will be decent.

It's very simple just walkin to pml showroom and ask for the pricing. Most of the sales person will give u a realistic pricing. List prices are misleading. You can check on the trade in as well. Typically the sales person will follow up with drops in prices if u don't buy at that point.

You can do a test drive as well.

BMW123;1001295 said:
Yes, have trade in. Not sure how this is going to work. Assuming i am given $10-20k discount, and if i trade in, i don't think the trade in price for my ride will be decent.

Part of the $10-20k will be worked out as overtrade for your used car

My advice for buying a 520i:

1. PML has reduced the price from SGD 247800 to 227800 this weekend.
2. Get the highest over trade in price from them. Of course you need to know yr car's trade in price from outside agent beforehand.
3. Ask for some freebies such as car mat and solar film.
4. Usually PML will give 3k voucher if financing with them.
5. After all, before you sign the purchase agreement, ask for another 10k discount. Otherwise, walk away!
6. June is the best month for you guys to buy a car from PML. they need to fulfill their yearly quotas.

benkwlau;1001340 said:
My advice for buying a 520i:

1. PML has reduced the price from SGD 247800 to 227800 this weekend.
2. Get the highest over trade in price from them. Of course you need to know yr car's trade in price from outside agent beforehand.
3. Ask for some freebies such as car mat and solar film.
4. Usually PML will give 3k voucher if financing with them.
5. After all, before you sign the purchase agreement, ask for another 10k discount. Otherwise, walk away!
6. June is the best month for you guys to buy a car from PML. they need to fulfill their yearly quotas.

Like!!!!

Thanks, appreciate your tactics sharing =)

520d will likely be low volume or indent basis. Forget about any discount.

Hi there,as far as I know,PML does not give any voucher despite taking the financing with them.i have just bought 520i with them and I did not have the voucher at all,in fact ,I did ask them at that time.

For your info,the new facelift 5 series will be coming.but I believe the price may rise as well

qanpics;1001373 said:
Hi there,as far as I know,PML does not give any voucher despite taking the financing with them.i have just bought 520i with them and I did not have the voucher at all,in fact ,I did ask them at that time.

For your info,the new facelift 5 series will be coming.but I believe the price may rise as well

Really?

I got my $1.5k vouchers as well as the rebate from the loan financing.... which offset my first 2 month's instalments. Yeeehaaaaa...

Yup really.

When did you buy?and how many % loan did you take from them ?

Meek;1001374 said:
Really?

I got my $1.5k vouchers as well as the rebate from the loan financing.... which offset my first 2 month's instalments. Yeeehaaaaa...

Depends on what model you buy lah and whether got their "special" promotion

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
u888ch
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back