How much do you think a single digit no. plate shd cost?

Turbo

Hi all,

Hope this is the right folder to post? Anyone out there know the "mkt value" of a single digit no.? Be it new or old plate.Any experience to share?

TIK

Re: How much do you think a single digit no. plate shd cost?

Have a neighbour who bought SF(x) 1 for $50k and SD(x) 3 for $30k

silverbeam said:
Have a neighbour who bought SF(x) 1 for $50k and SD(x) 3 for $30k

Wow, that is way too expensive...
I dont think single digit numbers should command so much these days unlike in the past.

I hv a friend who paid bout 10-15k for SFF 7 _
Thot that is probably more reasonable.

Single digits usually go for at least $10k to $20k, depending on the number.

That is for initial bid from LTA? Or off the open market?

Nuke said:
That is for initial bid from LTA? Or off the open market?

if don't mind the new plate alphabet, guess self bid might be better than buyin on the shelve.
I was quoted $40k for a relatively new single digit no.i think the amt was inflated at least by 3 time

i was quoted 80k for SBA 1 T by autobahn.... steam sia...

louis said:
i was quoted 80k for SBA 1 T by autobahn.... steam sia...

Hey bro,

no offence to car plate dealer, unless you are damm rich, you will spend such money, IMHO, this figure is at least inflate by 3 time.Somemore it's not 8 leh

Bro, why not go experiment. Whenever there is a new series, juz bid say $2,100 on every single digit number. So your outlay is $18,900. If u dun get it, u only lose $10 on each bid I believe. But if u lucky, u might kena (coz no one wanna bid coz of the stereotype thinking that single digit gonna be costly). I wld have tried that if I dun already have a bidded number.

T6 said:
Bro, why not go experiment. Whenever there is a new series, juz bid say $2,100 on every single digit number. Sp your outlay is $18,900. If u dun get it, u only lose $10 on each bid I believe. But if u lucky, u might kena (coz no one wanna bid coz of the stereotype thinking that single digit gonna be costly). I wld have tried that if I dun already have a bidded number.

T6, you are right, as long you have time and resources. Single digit cost has been prototype. I remember a single digit plate was going at $10k or so, few months later, they are pricing it at $40k

There are actually people doing this for a living...bid from LTA and then resell it...often see their adverts in classified.

hoks said:
There are actually people doing this for a living...bid from LTA and then resell it...often see their adverts in classified.
yeah. i saw it too. and some of the numbers plus alpt are nice.

These numbers are worthless if there is no buyer willing to pay the dealers asked amount. Bottomline is how much do you think it worth only.

IMO single digit is too expensive and over rated. Go for both digit. Got mine for S$1580

SE1X was spotted on a Hyundai Matrix. Friend followed the car, offered the owner 30k on the spot, she refuse to sell. She seems to imply the number is worth 80k. It is a pretty unique number, being quite an antique number too. Wonder why it was put on a matrix.

If i'm not wrong..SE1X used to be on a Honda Accord....they family also owns SE2T...always see them parked side by side in Hillview Industrial area.

Incidentally E1X is on a Clio....weekend plate.

Just verified with LTA portal, proscar is right; SE1X is on a Matrix now.

Turbonetic said:
Just verified with LTA portal, proscar is right; SE1X is on a Matrix now.

It was rumoured in a non-car forum that someone ever offered close to, or over 6-digits for the number.
Unconfirmed however.

It's a light green matrix when I saw it for the first time a year ago. :D
The number plate was passed down from several other generations of cars before. I think it's within the family.

One of the 'recent' very expensive car number I heard is SDD1D, owned by the Kwee family.

Turbonetic said:
One of the 'recent' very expensive car number I heard is SDD1D, owned by the Kwee family.

Yup...Kelvin or Kevin Kwee drives the car...Renault Megane RS...the wife drives the Beetle cabrio SBM1E which is on sale now...with the number I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back