How Rich People Buy Exotic Cars.....

kenntona

Legendary 10 Years
The $1m Ferrari Question

This morning in court, the prosecution drew an analogy between the budgeting of the Crossover and buying a Ferrari.

Prosecution: You would not start your search for a car by deciding,”I want to buy a Ferrari”, then you go to the Ferrari dealership, you talk to the salesman, you agree a price for the Ferrari — and, really, I have no idea how much a Ferrari is, I think it’s about $1 million. You tell him all the extras you want, special spoilers, things like that, then you go and check you have your bank account and find you have $100,000 and can’t afford a Ferrari. You wouldn’t do it that way, correct?

Kong Hee: Your Honour, if I want to buy a car and, let’s say I know it’s a very good car and I went and do my background research, went to the car showroom, talked to the car dealer, and then I realise that it costs this amount of money, then I go back and check how much I have in the bank. Then I want to find out could I get a bank financing for it, and then I want to find out can I support the bank — I mean, can I support the payment. If I can’t, I won’t go ahead with it.

I think it’s pretty much like that for the US Crossover. We had no track record of doing this before. I didn’t know — none of us on the team in Xtron — how much the US album would be. So we did the budgeting, also a means to find out how much it would cost. Then we would bring it back to the Xtron directors, see if they are comfortable with it, see if we could get bank financing, see if we’re able to get some form of financing. If we’re able to support it, we go ahead with it. If we can’t, then we won’t.

Prosecution: Mr Kong, your response was that you would go to the car showroom, you talk to the car dealer, you find out how much it costs, then you go to the bank and try to find financing. So if you really want the car, you will try to get the funds for it. That’s what you are saying, right?

Kong Hee: I would try, if it’s reasonable.

City Harvest Trial: Kong Hee: “I Did The Best I Could” | City News

Re: How Rich People Buy Exotic Cars.....

Rich pastors, more specifically......

kenntona;1097238 said:
Rich pastors, more specifically......

I once saw him and his family, all taking 1st class from Shanghai to Singapore. Hopefully he was using his own money. Imaging some people who donated part of their monthly salary to the Church might not even afford to take a flight to anywhere for leisure.

Rich Pastor...

Last edited by a moderator:

How would it ever be his own money when the money is coming from his own congregation?

humpitydumpity;1097243 said:
I once saw him and his family, all taking 1st class from Shanghai to Singapore. Hopefully he was using his own money. Imaging some people who donated part of their monthly salary to the Church might not even afford to take a flight to anywhere for leisure.

Rich Pastor...

meatypie;1097260 said:
How would it ever be his own money when the money is coming from his own congregation?

Technically..he was paid a salary...so yeah..and he also does "guest appearances" at other churches overseas..and charges an appearance fee..

he also receives royalties for DVDs of his sermons and books and tee-shirts etc...

Question: who support his "reasonable" bank loan huh??

Am3thyst;1097264 said:
Technically..he was paid a salary...so yeah..and he also does "guest appearances" at other churches overseas..and charges an appearance fee..

he also receives royalties for DVDs of his sermons and books and tee-shirts etc...

charging for carrying out his duties to the believers and God?

I think the garment will throw him in jail . he's too charismatic for their comfort. Garment keep our monies we kpkb whereas his followers beg him to keep their monies!
he joins opposition, confirm can take 1 GRC away. Kong hee ! kong hee! Kong hee! yo ah yo CHC! yo ah yo CHC!

What if the CHC congregation sign a petition and claim "WE ARE AGREEABLE TO WHAT KONG HEE DID" ?

Willing donors, willing pastor. The believers all kum-guan.

How?

kenntona;1097329 said:
What if the CHC congregation sign a petition and claim "WE ARE AGREEABLE TO WHAT KONG HEE DID" ?

Willing donors, willing pastor. The believers all kum-guan.

How?

Consensual sex with under-aged girl means rotan and jail time. Kum guan or not not relevant.

Sometimes the law deem these kum guan people as kum gong people and hence need to be protected for their own good.

Just hypothetically, where is the crime if the victims claimed willingness? Example - if a woman is willing to be caressed by a certain man, why would him be charged for molesting?

kenntona;1097334 said:
Just hypothetically, where is the crime if the victims claimed willingness? Example - if a woman is willing to be caressed by a certain man, why would him be charged for molesting?

Must see the underlying act is illegal or not first mah. Caressing is not illegal with consent, without consent = outrage of modesty.

It's like those magic stone conman, every ah ma and auntie all give their money willingly but doesn't mean it's not a crime right?

kenntona;1097334 said:

if a woman is willing to be caressed..then no..it wouldn't be molest..otherwise..all the husbands and boyfriends in SG would be in jail for molest..

as for consensual under-aged sex..the law deems that a minor is unable to make informed decisions for themselves..therefore..the statutory rape law is there..once you're above 16..you're no longer a minor..and therefore in the eyes of the law..you should be able to make decisions for yourself and stand by the consequences of the decision..

in this case..the donors are willing for sure..KH didn't hold a gun against their heads to force them to donate..he may have influenced them psychologically..but the donors still donated willingly..

however..the current case is not about the donations..its about how he used the donations and allegedly falsified the accounts to hide where the money went...

that in itself is Criminal Breach of Trust..which is a criminal case..no matter what the donors say/do..

humpitydumpity;1097282 said:

willing buyer..willing seller lor..

technically he owns the copyright to his sermons..if he chooses to sell them..and people choose to buy them..its the buyers decision..

you ask a buddhist monk to come bless your house/car or chant scriptures for a funeral etc..also need to give them a token sum mah..

same idea..just that the amounts are way off...

humpitydumpity;1097282 said:

He preaches the prosperity gospel. He is SUPPOSED to get rich.

Am3thyst;1097336 said:
as for consensual under-aged sex..the law deems that a minor is unable to make informed decisions for themselves..therefore..the statutory rape law is there..once you're above 16..you're no longer a minor..and therefore in the eyes of the law..you should be able to make decisions for yourself and stand by the consequences of the decision..

C3P0 knows best................. ;)

Why always hold a coffee in his hand? Makes him more stylo?

I think we should all do the undemocratic thing in a self-declared democratic country. Sent him to the backyard. Make horseface wife buys his own bullet and send him off to hell with 1 single shot. China style. No discussion, no pleas, no mercy for inexcusable corruption and graft of this magnitude. Feels sick that taxpayers are paying for a long-drawn trial without him showing any form of remorse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igo88dev
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back