how thirsty is your e46

Fuel consumption

Racebred said:
Thanks to our hardworking TP, my consumption has dropped from about 15L/100km, constantly, to now <12L/100km constant.

Totally agree with you; has dropped from 14L/100km to 11L/100km. So much for "better mileage petrol" :roll:

MRacer77 said:
hmmm..... something must be wrong with my on board computer... it says I am running something in the region of 6.5 to 7??? huh??

that's normal after chipping the car...it confuses the ECU

Wonder if anybody's done this... Am driving new 320i and the onboard computer reads approx 13 l/km. However, after filling up at gas station and dividing the readout from the trip meter by the petrol pumped, a lower figure emerges (approx. 9 l/km). Any thoughts anybody?

Valvetronic, 8.9lit/100km (OBC reading)

Normal driving style, not a kuniang, and not a racer. heheheee

Kickers

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:43 pm Post subject:

E46 320 11/100km

Can advise how you achieve such figures? My OBC reads 13l/100km and I've been driving very mildly...sighhhh

Razor said:
Wonder if anybody's done this... Am driving new 320i and the onboard computer reads approx 13 l/km. However, after filling up at gas station and dividing the readout from the trip meter by the petrol pumped, a lower figure emerges (approx. 9 l/km). Any thoughts anybody?

Yup. I reset the FC readings on the OBC and it came out 13. I guess its the average FC compared to actual mileage vs litre per km. yes ?

My OBC says 11.5km. I drive about 50% on normal roads and 50% Highways. With V Power and Z-Stab currently for normal drivind I can go 580 - 600 on a single full tank. My driving style is marginally aggressive.

jaskin said:
My OBC says 11.5km. I drive about 50% on normal roads and 50% Highways. With V Power and Z-Stab currently for normal drivind I can go 580 - 600 on a single full tank. My driving style is marginally aggressive.

580 to 600 !!

i can never hit that ...happy to get 500 :roll:

I think for a more fruitful and meanful result, one should reset the average speed on the OBC at the same time and report based on the average consumption and average speed.....

The consumption for my 2.5L can range from 10L/100 to 14L/100 with average speed ranging from 45kph to 23kph average...

piggyboyz said:
I think for a more fruitful and meanful result, one should reset the average speed on the OBC at the same time and report based on the average consumption and average speed.....

The consumption for my 2.5L can range from 10L/100 to 14L/100 with average speed ranging from 45kph to 23kph average...

Erm, stupid question, but how do you reset the OBC? I held down the OBC button (the one on the left stalk), and sometimes the L/100km goes to 0, sometimes the average speed gets reset. Do you need to reset each reading (consumption, average speed, distance left) individually?

:oops:

(my latest tank was a miserable 12.5L/100km, considering it was almost 70% highway, *sigh* all that stupid traffic jams)

The average speed and average consumption can be resetted by going to the respective readiing, then press and hold the until u see --- comes out. Then u go to the next one to do the same for your average speed / consumption...

piggyboyz said:

Bro, what is the 45kph average mean ??? mine is 45.7kph, sometimes 46kph.

45.7kph means the average speed u clock from the last time u resetted the average speed of the car until the time u reset the average speed again lo... ;)

I'm not surprised urs is so high cos of where u stay and where u work...

When i was at the airport, my average speed is about 44kph but these days, it will be about 33kph...

U should see how much it drop after a highway trip then stopping 10 minutes stationary while waiting to pick up someone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j888top
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back