How to check if the car had an accident before?

allenng

Well-Known Member
Hi I am looking for a secondhand bummer. Was wondering how do I check if the car I m interested in had an accident before.
 
Re: How to check if the car had an accident before?

If I were you and given the chance to do this all over again.. I will send the car to BOSS MOTORSPORTS or BVO or KIAN TIONG for a thorough check before I commit (not on if the car has had accident before, also if there are leakages and other problems). All 3 are located at Sin Ming autocare. Never go for STA. Hoped you will find a good buy.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: How to check if the car had an accident before?

allenng;590263 said:
Hi I am looking for a secondhand bummer. Was wondering how do I check if the car I m interested in had an accident before.

Secondhand bummer? Sure quite easy to spot the accident area one. Both front and back sides look like back sides.
 
Re: How to check if the car had an accident before?

allenng;590263 said:
Hi I am looking for a secondhand bummer. Was wondering how do I check if the car I m interested in had an accident before.

There is no sure way to find out unless you can find someone who is very well versed with the make and model of your intended purchase and also where to inspect for signs of previous accidents. A good bet would be to hoist up the whole car and check the undercarriage for signs of poor welding and mismatch areas or rust where it had been joined back previously.
 
Re: How to check if the car had an accident before?

delrosa81;590445 said:
There is no sure way to find out unless you can find someone who is very well versed with the make and model of your intended purchase and also where to inspect for signs of previous accidents. A good bet would be to hoist up the whole car and check the undercarriage for signs of poor welding and mismatch areas or rust where it had been joined back previously.

Agreed... Plus, such repair marks are usually quite well hidden... They usually lie within the boot. Where you get to see unusual welding marks or patches. I can also be inside the front bumper where the front crash bar and/ or support panel has been replaced or a poor job in realigning the same.

Other areas that can be spotted include inside the rubber seals all over the car such as boot lid, and windows. Wheel alignment and castor position can also determine if the car has been through any serious accident..

To find a car that is 100% accident free is totally not possible or at most, slimly possible. The main importance about accident free car is that the car must not have been through a serious accident that has caused substantial damages to the car that warrants/ require the replacement of core and sub structural parts of that said vehicle or substantial repairs to the panels thereof...
 
Re: How to check if the car had an accident before?

Thanks for all the replies. Guess buying from performance premium selection is safer then.
 
Re: How to check if the car had an accident before?

allenng;590485 said:
Thanks for all the replies. Guess buying from performance premium selection is safer then.

... at a premium price if u can stomach it ...
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
82,792
Messages
1,019,510
Members
78,670
Latest member
oxbett2com
Back
Top