How to clean dirtied rims?

XXX

Hi everyone,

like to know any tips to clean stubborn dirt from rims I think caused by brake dust?

Thanks a lot

Re: How to clean dirtied rims?

wash it down with wheel cleaner 1st. any other very stubborn stains that cannot be removed use zippo lighter fluid. removes stains like a gem!

Slater;523449 said:
wash it down with wheel cleaner 1st. any other very stubborn stains that cannot be removed use zippo lighter fluid. removes stains like a gem!

Thanks for the fast response Slater.

When I was still riding, I used a brush scrub to scrub my bike rims, is it advisable to use that on my car rims as well or sponges will do?

(1) Solution one - wash with Mama Lemon/McGuire Hotwheels/Sonax Wheel Cleaner, spray, sponge and hose off. After cleaning and drying, coat with a layer of Sonax Nano. It repels dust somewhat.

(2) Solution two - get BBK.

XXX;523450 said:
Thanks for the fast response Slater.

When I was still riding, I used a brush scrub to scrub my bike rims, is it advisable to use that on my car rims as well or sponges will do?
i dun like brush scrubs. will damage surface somewhat.

not sure how dirty ur rims r, but try what bro ken said (mama lemon and stuff). anything non abrasive shld do. goingforward to clean it regularly. u woul be suprise that even car wash shampoo will do if maintained regularly.

kenntona;523479 said:
(1) Solution one - wash with Mama Lemon/McGuire Hotwheels/Sonax Wheel Cleaner, spray, sponge and hose off. After cleaning and drying, coat with a layer of Sonax Nano. It repels dust somewhat.

(2) Solution two - get BBK.

BBK no dust meh? bigger brake, bigger pad, bigger rotor= more dust

BBK lesser dust than stock brakes.

Slater;523490 said:
u woul be suprise that even car wash shampoo will do if maintained regularly.

Yes, I use car wash shampoo also. But not very clean, but nevermind la. I cheapo one. Somemore make my maid wash rims for me. :chinese:

C3P0;523593 said:
Yes, I use car wash shampoo also. But not very clean, but nevermind la. I cheapo one. Somemore make my maid wash rims for me. :chinese:
for remaining stubborn stains use zippo fluid. i no bluff u wan. else chop!

donaldho;523586 said:
BBK no dust meh? bigger brake, bigger pad, bigger rotor= more dust
Not true donald. You see, I smaller size, shorter, thinner, flatter, than Ken. But doesn't mean I am cleaner mah, tio bo? :nehnehhh:

XXX;523447 said:
Hi everyone,

like to know any tips to clean stubborn dirt from rims I think caused by brake dust?

Thanks a lot

Use SONAX rim cleaner. Spray rim with SONAX, then drive to the nearest petrol koisk with cleaning services. Ask the attendent to spray the high pressure waterjet on your rims thorougly, rims will be like new.

Do not scrub rims else they will lose the shine.

XXX;524672 said:
Hi, where can I buy Sonax rim cleaner?
careffour or giant

just use soap n foam... it's as easy as 123...

or any rim cleaner liquid will do... be aware of excessive use of rim cleaning liquid as they May(or may not) thin the shiny layer of the rim..

rosschang;524688 said:
just use soap n foam... it's as easy as 123...

or any rim cleaner liquid will do... be aware of excessive use of rim cleaning liquid as they May(or may not) thin the shiny layer of the rim..

soap and foam only good for dust stains that are 2-3days old...anything more than that you will need SONAX + high pressure waterjet or manual polish...

P21S wheel cleaner. Best there is.

Tried Sonax Rim Cleaner yesterday and it worked like magic, rims were bleeding... lol
Dirt starting to gather again though but I guess should be easier to clean the next time if I wash regularly.

Is Sonax Nano worth investing?

XXX said:
Is Sonax Nano worth investing?
Expensive, but worth the $$$.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5699cloud