How to clean dirtied rims?

Re: How to clean dirtied rims?

I'm borrowing this thread to ask abt deep dish rims. How to make the lips shine like mirror? Thanks.

longhorn said:
I'm borrowing this thread to ask abt deep dish rims. How to make the lips shine like mirror? Thanks.
You need to distinguish between chromed lip vs polished lip. Chromed lip is chrome-plated, mirror shine when clean, needs no polishing. Polished lip could be groomed to shine, but it will not be mirror like. Think of stainless steel shine on exhaust tips.

On polished lips, use non-abrasive metal polish like Turtle Chrome Wax or any jewellery polish. Do not use Brasso or Autosol - these will create oxidising/tarnishing effect later.

Thank you. Believe mine is machined lip. So same as polished lip....hopefully. Bot a jar of Meguiars metal polish. Rub a dub dub.

longhorn said:
Thank you. Believe mine is machined lip. So same as polished lip....hopefully. Bot a jar of Meguiars metal polish. Rub a dub dub.
The blue container with green cap thingy? Not bad. Paste, not liquid form, hence the buffing more "xiong".

longhorn;531983 said:

kenntona;532036 said:
The blue container with green cap thingy? Not bad. Paste, not liquid form, hence the buffing more "xiong".

that blue container with green cap... its one hell of a nightmare to buff......... it took me hours for just one rim...

that's the one. No pain, no gain!! kekeke... anyway i enjoy working on the rims. find it therapeutic.. Just don't ask me to polish the car!

Last edited by a moderator:

longhorn;532077 said:
that's then one. No pain, no gain!! kekeke... anyway i enjoy working on the rims. find it therapeutic.. Just don't ask me to polish the car!

good deal, can work out those muscles at the same time.

I use Autoglym Wheel Cleaner .. I think for lacquer, alloy and plastic. It is acidic based. Old car with extremely stubborn stain, I use 3M and TurlteWax non-acidic before that .. non-works ... Use Autoglym still took me 15 to 20min of washing, brushing and cleaning per wheel. Now looks better except got some scratch that is not cause by the wheel cleaner ...

tomace;604534 said:
I wash my rims with water only & wipe clean/dry every 2-3days. :p

Wow... my polished lips are kinda stained and patchy... any easier product that just need to apply and wipe off? :)

Turtle Wax Metal Polish....................

XXX;605184 said:
Wow... my polished lips are kinda stained and patchy... any easier product that just need to apply and wipe off? :)

I tried using car wax before & its not bad. Soft 99 Metal clean not bad. Use it on my previous ride HKS exhaust to bring back the blink look :)

you can try it. Easily available @ most shop.

Cheers~~

Try Sonax Wheel Cleaner , you wun go wrong. i have been polishing my ride for 2 years...sonax wheel cleaner is always what i use. :)

Sonax always works like a charm for me.

But best not to leave the car rims unwashed for more than a week.

I use sonax on my stock rims before, very good, but is it corrosive to painted rims? Now with black painted rims with chrome lips

i used CIFF on my wheel after seeing that it works wonder to my kitchen hood. try on 1 wheel. LAN LAN got to do all 4!!!! all kana Ciffed!!!! from shinny shinny to matt!!!! KNS ME!

Does anyone have an idea of where to get SONAX wheel cleaner around the Novena area? I've checked the sonax website (sg), called a number of retail shops supposedly carrying their products and found out that these shops have either stopped selling them (H Tyres) or are only carrying the small bottles (Stamford Macpherson).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5699cloud

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back