How to cover your car, the fast and easy way.

ryan

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This tutorial is meant to let folks out there understand in a pictorial fashion, on how to cover your car the fast, and most optimal way without damaging your paintwork due to the minimal movement of the cover over your car's surface.

Please note that you should also reverse the steps to fold your cover, and to repeat when you want to cover.

It took about 2-3 minutes both ways. Video coming soon!

1. Place your cover at the boot, or at the front of your car. Start by rolling your car cover over the entire length.

tutorial17.jpg

Unrolling process.

tutorial16.jpg

To the front...

tutorial15.jpg

Fully unrolled.

tutorial14.jpg

How it should look like at the front.

tutorial13.jpg

Spread out the cover from the top..

tutorial12.jpg

Start with either the left or right side of the car, allow the cover to roll down naturally.

tutorial11.jpg

tutorial10.jpg

Sides of the cover should fall down without much effort.

tutorial9.jpg

Work your way to the front..

tutorial8.jpg

tutorial7.jpg

Move to other side of the car..

tutorial6.jpg

Let cover roll down the sides.

tutorial5.jpg

Sides should fall naturally.

tutorial4.jpg

Slowly work the cover towards the front of the car.

tutorial3.jpg

Tuck front of cover under the left/right side of the car. Do the same for the rear.

tutorial2.jpg

Followed by the other side, and you're done!

tutorial1.jpg

To uncover, simply do this in reverse.

Please note I used a custom car cover which fits exactly to the contour of the shape of the car to have a tight and snug fit. This will ensure that flapping by strong winds will be minimized, and damage to your paintwork by small particles reduced. Hope this helps!

If you like this article, leave your comment :)

Oh yes, click here for a group buy over here!

Re: How to cover your car, the fast and easy way.

hate to roll/unroll car covers when the strong winds are blowing!

noticed they even have a condom for your antenna!!!

Congrats on your new ride! love the Z4 coupe! almost bought myself a M Coupe few years back... but insurance didnt work out

nice tutorial.. but i'm worried, when it rains, how to hold umbrella with one hand and roll up car cover with the other.. can show us a video? i hate to get my hair wet.. :D

ryan... wouldnt those stretchable car cover ( those soft ones..like people put in showroom) will be less prone to scratching rather than hard covers u showed in pics?

wooots..very good tutorial..hehe got pics somemore..

Terry;342757 said:
ryan... wouldnt those stretchable car cover ( those soft ones..like people put in showroom) will be less prone to scratching rather than hard covers u showed in pics?
It depends on how contaminated your car surface is. Scratches occur when dirt is moved along the body of the car, and not because of material cover.

I suppose we tend to think that indoor cars don't get scratched much is because of the perception that they're likely most of the time polished and under shelter away from external contaminants.

When putting on a cover, the main point is to minimise the movement of cover when you're placing it, or taking it off.

There are covers for indoor use and there are covers for outdoor use. The soft "dust covers" are typically for indoor use and do not provide enough protection from the environment.

For "lazy" car owners, perhaps these (The Amazing Roll Up Car Cover Rollup Truck Van SUV Custom Size Cover, | AA TECH DESIGN |) would be preferred. No idea about the quality and fitment though. Just doesn't look right, buy at your own risk!

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back