How to get certification for exhaust?

yogi_lite

Got my E46 2nd hand with a Supersprint exhaust. Problem is it does not come with papers although it is LTA approved.

How do I go about getting the papers? Is it a tedious time consuming process?

Re: How to get certification for exhaust?

I think you need to go back to Jeep Chee and have them reapply for you with their letter of approval for the exhaust and sent back to lta for re-inspection. Let me know if im wrong

do you have the cert?? the original cert for the exhaust... usually wat they will do when u wanna do a transfer from 1 car to another, you'll have to provide this cert.. then u can ask jeep chee or the workshop that is approved (e.g. HKS at garage R) to write you a letter. u will have to pay them an admin fee.... then bring the original cert + the letter to LTA for inspection.....

On my previous ride, I lost the original cert... mine was on HKS... garage R refused to write letter, they say got letter no original cert = useless...

Unfortunately I do not have the original cert at all as the car has changed hands several times. Will try Jeep Chee as per 14m3's suggestion and see if they can do anything abt it.

yogi, out of curiosity, y r u interested in getting the cert?

if it's for inspection purposes, suggest that you find out where the original owner got his exos installed, and get the same workshop to send your car in for inspection. should be much more convenient that way.

otherwise you have to get the schematics from the manufacturer and send them to LTA for approval. plus you are not supposed to use the exos until it is approved.

u will then be at the mercy of a pencil pusher - wait till he/she feels like it before they look at your request.

a case of inviting unwanted attention if you ask me...

It's for inspection purposes. It's definitely LTA approved but the cert got lost in the process so I wanna get it before it goes for inspection. Not possible for me to check with the 1st owner but highly suspect it's Jeep Chee. I am sure it happens so trying to find out if anyone here knows how I can lay my hands on the cert.

it's gonna be difficult without you having to pay a fee for the cert - you didn't get it 1st hand from them and they do not stand to gain anything if they just give it to you.

get anyone of the sponsor workshops to send it in for you. piece of cake. they may charge you a small token for helping you clear the inspection, but better this way IMO.

all the best!

Problem is relying on workshops is not a long term solution. In the event that kena stopped and asked to produce cert, nothing to show

i agree with you, but you won't get stopped if your exhaust is not too loud. and supersprint is a LTA-approved brand. so even at LTA road blocks, they will immediately know that it is not illegal. happened to me before. same here - 2nd hand exos, no cert.

i do not bother with certs for my sebring too.

ha! that makes 2 of us on sebring!

como;425093 said:
i do not bother with certs for my sebring too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodo6789skin
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back