How to get rid of bird poo stains / stains

Mockngbrd

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
just wondering if there's any way to get rid of those bird poo stains and residue left over after washing off the bird poo, there's this stain which is embedded into the paint work... really wtf man...

any chance if can be removed? or can professional groomers remove it? :whythis:

Re: How to get rid of bird poo stains / stains

yes, but get it done quckly. A good machine or a hard hand polish will get rid of it.

If your car has not been "sealed", then the bird poo has eaten into your car's clear coat and into the paint. Damage done. Go to a restorer like S4C and get them to try to buff away. I have seen stains baked so badly under the sun, the damage is irreversible.

If there is a proper layer of sealant, then it can be buffed off.

yeah, has to be cutting compund, then polish

I think your screwed if it wont come off now

While S4C is currently not available now..

I would recommend Groomworks (at Jalan Tua Kong).

or come hang out with me on Saturday at Um2

this is a common problem unfortunately....
I have dealt with bird bombs using these steps in sequence until success... I've never had to go all the way to Heavy compounding/cutting polish which would be step 5.

1. claybar
2. paintwork cleanser/AIO
3. mild abrasive polish (e.g. scratchX/ZPC tho this requires strong arms if doing by hand, or FPII, FF by machine)
4. medium abrasive polish/Light cutting (e.g. SIP/IP/SSR2.5/OP)

it would be good if u post a pic so we could see how "bad" it is.

When I had the stains, tried going to groomer Car Works but they couldn't get it out. In the end went to Yew Lip for them to fix it with the polishing tool.

Good luck

Mock, my bird poo stain was cleared when I did my grooming at Groomworks (the one at Maxwell). So it can be done.
(The stain was left by iscoupe when he sat on my bonnet.)

I strongly believe that Claybar doesn't work for the stains, as they are only good for removing a film of dirt/oxidation.

Polishing can work, but must use the right compound with a good level of abrasion - some brands call them light/heavy cutting compounds,even 'scratch removers' work. Bird dropping stains are more suited to a chemical + abrasive compound IMO and remember to polish outside the stain so you don't get an odd looking spot.

A good hand polish of about 2-3 mins will get rid of it if it's not serious - otherwise, it just takes longer. If doing by hand, I feel it's easier if the applicator is the terry-cloth weave type instead of a normal waxing sponge. Even a normal microfibre cloth works better than the sponge.

Shampoo-ing also doesn't help much because there is not enough work performed on the stain unless it's very fresh.

Edit: Before you run out to get any polishes, look through your arsenal of waxing products. Some may already have mild cleaning + polishing properties. No harm giving them a try one after another.

1) Wash the area to remove dirt
2) Get the mildest polishing product you have with a microfibre terry cloth/applicator.
3) Apply over the stain and polish with circular motion (with *moderate strength*), remembering to go around the surrounding areas
4) Rinse, check for stain
5) If stain persists, try a stronger product that you may already have, (go back to step 3 with a new applicator)
6) If it doesn't work, your product is not strong enough. Try something stronger.

Puny;342286 said:
I strongly believe that Claybar doesn't work for the stains, as they are only good for removing a film of dirt/oxidation.

Polishing can work, but must use the right compound with a good level of abrasion - some brands call them light/heavy cutting compounds,even 'scratch removers' work. Bird dropping stains are more suited to a chemical + abrasive compound IMO and remember to polish outside the stain so you don't get an odd looking spot.

A good hand polish of about 2-3 mins will get rid of it if it's not serious - otherwise, it just takes longer. If doing by hand, I feel it's easier if the applicator is the terry-cloth weave type instead of a normal waxing sponge. Even a normal microfibre cloth works better than the sponge.

Shampoo-ing also doesn't help much because there is not enough work performed on the stain unless it's very fresh.

Edit: Before you run out to get any polishes, look through your arsenal of waxing products. Some may already have mild cleaning + polishing properties. No harm giving them a try one after another.

1) Wash the area to remove dirt
2) Get the mildest polishing product you have with a microfibre terry cloth/applicator.
3) Apply over the stain and polish with circular motion (with *moderate strength*), remembering to go around the surrounding areas
4) Rinse, check for stain
5) If stain persists, try a stronger product that you may already have, (go back to step 3 with a new applicator)
6) If it doesn't work, your product is not strong enough. Try something stronger.

ok will do. tonight project "remove bird-crap stain" starts. *fingers crossed*

ryan;342126 said:
While S4C is currently not available now..

I would recommend Groomworks (at Jalan Tua Kong).

That would work. Look for Yong and explain your issue with the stain...you can PM me for further details.

g75y;342206 said:
When I had the stains, tried going to groomer Car Works but they couldn't get it out. In the end went to Yew Lip for them to fix it with the polishing tool.

Good luck

Had doubts all this time as to whether Car Works have paint correction services...guess not. Was told that they only do new cars and the owner will hv to sign a package afterwards...

thnx for the advise everyone!
managed to get rid of most of the stains. magic ingredient was scratchX

prob. removed bout 80-90% of visible damaage to the paintwork, but it easily went into the "out of sight, out of mind" section of the brain, so is all good again.

maybe it was also because i applied a layer of Autoglym sealant the week before, not sure if that helped.

after cleaning off, 3 coats of autoglym deep shine and another coat of sealant on top. *fingers crossed no more bird poo*

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
777vinname

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back