how to identify the manufacture dates of parts

Hi all i was just in pml and due to an accident had it repaired in pml the bootlid need to be slam hard b4 it could close when i asked the mechanic he said it was due to the parts being new. after a few days i got irritated and went back to pml. this time they brought the car up to the garage n did something. when i tried closing the boot lid again it closed a little easier but the dampers produced a sound so i would like to know if there a is a way to identify the date of manufacture for all bmw parts.( i think the mechanic changed an old damper cos its more season n didnt need more force to close it.)

Re: how to identify the manufacture dates of parts

there probably is. It would be on a sticker on the bag the part came in!!

but needing to slam the boot is not right, means they did not repair it properly

If possible, should always find out what has been done to your car at the workshop. Ask them how did they fix it?

diablos320;378766 said:
need to be slam hard b4 it could close when i asked the mechanic he said it was due to the parts being new.

by that reason, all new cars cannot close properly liao

wah are you so agitated that all this came out in a torrent cos there are no fullstops or commas and it makes it a bit more difficult to read and understand...

*taking a deep breath*

hey chill. i have been there before. got rear-ended a couple of years ago too.

did you get the bootlid replaced? if you did, then it's not easy to get the alignment right when a new one is fixed on. takes a bit a skill to fit it right. if it still does not fit right, bring it back until you are satisfied.

the difficulty in closing is prob due to the misalignment with the clasp when the boot closes. that's y u have to slam it harder to make it catch. not because it's new - it's just out of alignment.

the dampers make a louder sound when they are new. nothing to worry about. it's cos of the tighter seals. spray a bit of silicon lube on it and the sound will get softer.

diablos320;378766 said:
Hi all i was just in pml and due to an accident had it repaired in pml the bootlid need to be slam hard b4 it could close when i asked the mechanic he said it was due to the parts being new. after a few days i got irritated and went back to pml. this time they brought the car up to the garage n did something. when i tried closing the boot lid again it closed a little easier but the dampers produced a sound so i would like to know if there a is a way to identify the date of manufacture for all bmw parts.( i think the mechanic changed an old damper cos its more season n didnt need more force to close it.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamewin79mobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back