• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

how to lower car

dukes4

hi all

my ride is sedan E46.

how can i lower my car as i think stock shock is gone already. dont think i want to buy coilovers as might just keep ride for another 2 yrs only. any recommendatiions? like springs and shock set , how much will it cost?

thanks

Re: how to lower car

2 ways.

i) Change ur springs to lowering springs. Recommendations are Eibach/HnR springs.
ii) Change your struts to better ones like KONI FSDs or Blistein shocks and then change ur springs to any of the above mentioned...

Option 1 is cheaper. But not very healthy for your stock struts.
Option 2 costlier but its a very comfy setup and it will nvr go wrong...

Herman;365651 said:
2 ways.

i) Change ur springs to lowering springs. Recommendations are Eibach/HnR springs.
ii) Change your struts to better ones like KONI FSDs or Blistein shocks and then change ur springs to any of the above mentioned...

Option 1 is cheaper. But not very healthy for your stock struts.
Option 2 costlier but its a very comfy setup and it will nvr go wrong...

thanks herman,

for option 2 do you how much it cost and also where can i can it done? i asked BVO before but was told to change spring and struts cheaper than coilover but cant lower the car.

it still lowers the car, but not as much as the coilovers.

get a grinder and cut 2 coils off your standard springs. cheap and good

Option 2 will cost approx. $1800 at J4C.
I imported mine frm the US and installed at FK...

And it definatley LOWERS the car.
Before i changed my shock absorber mountings, front and rear finger gap was 0. Finger cant squeeze in.
After changing the above, front and rear is almost 1/2 finger gap. When its too low, problems arise. So had to change shock absorber mountings.

for coilovers for E46, will it be possible to use it on the E90 in the future?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
new88comcom1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back