how to smoke?

NO.

please don't do it on your Amber. it will not work!
there's no way you can make amber indicators smoke without it looking dark amber!

shaun: and spraying it lightly with? black paint won't work.

knn: the best way do get smoked effect is to have the clear indicators to start with. go to the hobby shops, looks for:
-Enamel smoke spray can.

i've smoked my clear indicator with Gunze smoke spray can.

clean the surface, spray it with light coats until desired shade.

but don't get too excited, most of the time, you'll end up with too dark of a shade.

hope i've helped.

A simple way out is to go to this shop at Ubi (opposite the traffic police HQ) - I smoked my previous coupe there. They use very special stick on decals and trim it to fit your rear lights. Great job. For me, it lasted 2 hours cos I didnt like it!!!

Hahahaha

if u need to buy ambers in the first place b4 smoking it, might as well get the ready smoked ones. i believe autovox or benzline sells them.

SMYUEN said:
A simple way out is to go to this shop at Ubi (opposite the traffic police HQ) - I smoked my previous coupe there. They use very special stick on decals and trim it to fit your rear lights. Great job. For me, it lasted 2 hours cos I didnt like it!!!

Hahahaha

How much did it cost you man??

erhhhh, if u smoke the clear ones is very wasteful. i got the spare ambers one, cant we do the ambers?
i remember i did it on my Sti b4 using a spray i bought in japan (comes with "eraser liquid,watever its called. Cant buy it in sg the after result of the side amber was nice, but the tail lights i dun know how to do it as its too.

Mr SM yuen, its a stick on? can tear off easily? wears off in the long run?

you buy clears and smoke them cos you want them in your own desired shade.

i don't think anybody will like the look of smoked, AMBERS.
that's why most remove just right aftter 2 hrs.

MRacer77 said:
SMYUEN said:

Hahahaha

How much did it cost you man??[/quote}

Ohh. not much, I think $50 of thereabouts? I took some pics as keep-sake. But i thot it really made my black car look even blacker from behind.. Didnt quite like it.. prefer to see some red..

8)

Tom said:

erhh.. Mine was clears when I smoked it. I gave up on ambers long time ago. I wanted to see some red from behind so I also gave up on smoked.

:screwedu:

knn said:
erhhhh, if u smoke the clear ones is very wasteful. i got the spare ambers one, cant we do the ambers?
i remember i did it on my Sti b4 using a spray i bought in japan (comes with "eraser liquid,watever its called. Cant buy it in sg the after result of the side amber was nice, but the tail lights i dun know how to do it as its too.

Mr SM yuen, its a stick on? can tear off easily? wears off in the long run?

Yup it is a stick on - but man, it REALLY sticks on. Had to pull and pull to get it out. but no worries, quite easily done. Cant say much about wearing out since my lasted a grand total of 2 long hours. But is must say the feel and texture of the material is very good. And lots of cars go there to get their lights "smoked". So should be ok I guess?

my favourite shop, cos the boss can do almost anything you ask him to do for your car in terms of car decals, blackening your windows, windscreen decals... only thing is they cant design badges unless you order in the hundreds!
:) :)

Any chance you could provide us with the address to this place?...
Just in case I wanna experiment with it...
:thumbsup:

rodders said:
Any chance you could provide us with the address to this place?...
Just in case I wanna experiment with it...
:thumbsup:

Ok bro,
Its at UBI. Just directly opposite Traffic Polic Headquarters. Near to AUDI showroom also. Sorry, dont remember exact address - buts its the corner shop, you cant miss it!!!

Can call Johnson at 97375050 - he runs the place.

Cheers and have fun!

SMYUEN said:
Tom said:

erhh.. Mine was clears when I smoked it. I gave up on ambers long time ago. I wanted to see some red from behind so I also gave up on smoked.

you smoked the entire rear lights cluster? yikes.

what i'm trying to say here is people just can't smoke a coloured surface of a particular light cluster, indicators, rear lights... unless they want to look cheap.

Tom said:
SMYUEN said:
Tom said:

you smoked the entire rear lights cluster? yikes.

what i'm trying to say here is people just can't smoke a coloured surface of a particular light cluster, indicators, rear lights... unless they want to look cheap.

I am lost. What is your understanding of smoking a light? If i dont smoke my entire rear lights, that means I only smoke the indicator portion?
Just getting a little confused with all the terminology.

Please enlighten.

Doc,

I think what Tom means is that you light come in 2 sections, the indicators and the brake light section. Smoking one and not the other will make the car look cheap.

MRacer77 said:
Doc,

I think what Tom means is that you light come in 2 sections, the indicators and the brake light section. Smoking one and not the other will make the car look cheap.

hmmm. but he say "yikes" cos I smoked my entire rear lights leh???
:roll:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back