How to transfer licence plate no?

discolite

Want to transfer the licence plate numbers from one of my cars to another. Does anyone know the process of doing so? Eg do I have to go down to LTA with the car? Or can do online? Is the generation of a new licence plate number for the car losing the old plate automatic and immediate, or is that a separate transaction entirely? Etc!

Try as I might I can't seem to key in the right search for this on Google or LTA website so any help from anyone who's done this before would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: How to transfer licence plate no?

Fee payable depends on whether u are trf existing plate to a new/registered car. No need to drive physical vehicle down.

First, do a #plate retention @ LTA fpr $1300, LTA will then auto-generate a new series # for your existing car whose # you just paid to retain (grace preiod 3 days to fabricate/fit new plates). Retention fee is for one yr (renewable annually @ $1,300). If utilise within a year to put on your new car, LTA refunds you $1,200. Thus your holding cost is only $100 + gst if my memory serves me.

Here is where it gets costly, should u decide to put on a registered(old) car, it's another $1,300. So, in total you would have paid $1,300 x 2 = $2,600 + gst!

IMHO...unless the # is really special...just go bid a new series...only $300 + gst (excluding bid fee of course!) to put on old car.

Cheers!

dig up this old thread

a question what's the cost if my friend wanna give me his number plate? gotta transfer how many times etc :lol2:

u just wanna beo Jessica Alba only

soli hor i never see her face only aim the neh neh

How to transfer licence plate no?

Knn S2k mix with Ac323 too much liao.... digging old thread n news seems to be the in thing...

u all cb, i really wanna ask what's the procedure la knn, nice free no. plate u don't want ah?

S2k;874109 said:
u all cb, i really wanna ask what's the procedure la knn, nice free no. plate u don't want ah?

I think the best is u call LTA.. U ask here sure kana OT jia jia lat..

Logically, I think LTA will take it as your friend sell u the car.. For this part I dunno how much..

Then after that, you should have to pay $1300 to transfer to your used car..

Last edited by a moderator:

i ask abit of info first before deciding if i want the plate ma, soli hor i newbie

MW say one but i won't buy his newbie book

What's the VRN? We need to know before we can give advice.

.......... 3 digit number la

that was immensely helpful thank you very much, now go suck on a plum u banana face

thats was also immensely helpful you turban

u kor neh this is open forum leh

S2k;874251 said:
nearly there behind both number is 88

wah, whatever the front number is, sure take la!!!

Is the counter gal at LTA Sin Min chio?

chioer than your gf

no names mentioned, pls thank me for my honest feedback

S2K just makes a call to LTA can find out everything liao but he chose to dig up old thread to tell all of us he has this nice 88 type number so that he can brag. When u all see him in Hungary, pls kick his face for me

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacor8876

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back