How you cross traffic junction while cars are waiting to turn?

stevenwu

Nowsaday, I noticed people act like they are big F, stroll slowly, don't bother to look at the turning traffic while crossing traffic junction. Although they have the right of ways, it could be dangerous assuming the drivers noticed you.
The worst are those couples, machiam like window shopping.
If I see my kids doing that, knn, I will break their legs.
Don't get me wrong that they must run but a least quick walk, road are mouth of tiger, clear it quickly.

What is your view?

Re: How you cross traffic junction while cars are waiting to turn?

..... slowly stroll, listen to music, play games or SMS or surf.... knn...

what to do.. pedestrians always win... :sneaky:

When timing indicator shows 3 seconds left for them, they start to cross instead of waiting for the next green man. Not small pedestrian crossing, but those wide ones.

They cross half way, become red man, they continue to stroll while the cars waited for them.

Not only this ppl big F, but those van and lorry driver!!! Few days ago juz came across one. PIE exit Upper Serangoon. Lanes always messy, one lane can fit 2 or sometimes even 3 vehicles. I happen to signal and move ahead of a silver color van GU9571R. The driver horn like end of the world and insist to move ahead and cant wait to bang me up!!!

Even i had move off along upper serangoon rd, he still try to go by my left and cut me in. Traffic volume moderate so he cant. Still nt givg up follow my rear and from my rear mirror i can see him start using hp and take pics or videos. Cant even drive straight and even want to write....

See him doing so i also wanted to see his num plate as a precautious. But was block so i make a U-turn at the next traffic light. I then realise that he was purposely following me. As he had already made a U-turn and at stopped at a red light. I move in to the side as i was turning to the left. The male Chinese driver then give me a (i kill the family memeber) face and keep pointing at me with his index finger (asking me to watch out or becareful style). Later he even took out his hp and take pics of me again....

So wat does tis shows.....

Tig@r;576975 said:
Not only this ppl big F, but those van and lorry driver!!! Few days ago juz came across one. PIE exit Upper Serangoon. Lanes always messy, one lane can fit 2 or sometimes even 3 vehicles. I happen to signal and move ahead of a silver color van GU9571R. The driver horn like end of the world and insist to move ahead and cant wait to bang me up!!!

Even i had move off along upper serangoon rd, he still try to go by my left and cut me in. Traffic volume moderate so he cant. Still nt givg up follow my rear and from my rear mirror i can see him start using hp and take pics or videos. Cant even drive straight and even want to write....

See him doing so i also wanted to see his num plate as a precautious. But was block so i make a U-turn at the next traffic light. I then realise that he was purposely following me. As he had already made a U-turn and at stopped at a red light. I move in to the side as i was turning to the left. The male Chinese driver then give me a (i kill the family memeber) face and keep pointing at me with his index finger (asking me to watch out or becareful style). Later he even took out his hp and take pics of me again....

So wat does tis shows.....

Thats why u must always have yr middle finger on stand-by:)

some pedestrians slow down and walk even slower when they see they still have time, because they know they are on the moral high ground with their "right of way". It's not wrong, but its rude. Just like when you see an MRT door or lift door closing, you walk even slower so that you block the people behind you from going in as you enter. Something that only Mr Bean will do to derive strange pleasure from. As a car driver, I will boh pian, just wait for them to cross. As a pedestrian, I always make it a point to hurry if I can, so ppl dont have to wait. How do we know? Because at Esso, we're drivers too.

stevenwu;576936 said:
Nowsaday, I noticed people act like they are big F, stroll slowly, don't bother to look at the turning traffic while crossing traffic junction. Although they have the right of ways, it could be dangerous assuming the drivers noticed you.
The worst are those couples, machiam like window shopping.
If I see my kids doing that, knn, I will break their legs.
Don't get me wrong that they must run but a least quick walk, road are mouth of tiger, clear it quickly.

What is your view?

If you're not in a hurry then what's the problem ?

this iscommon in places like orchard road especially the one linking paragon. pedestrain volume is massive, people walk like nobody's business even thought the traffic lights is red. The way to go about it is to adopt the same mentality. just drive when its your right of way. haha, of course just keep to brushing them at most. dun go on collision course. :dance:

i think pedestrians aren't a problem. fucked up drivers are a bigger road hog. i was driving along AYE from Jurong towards City when there's this bloke in a Honda Jazz/Fit on the right lane cruising along at 60-70kph. The problem is he's the same speed as the car beside him, so nobody can overtake. The queue behind him is like what you see during F1 race when the safety car comes out - the F1 cars zigzag around :p I managed to get up beside that f****er and honked him, he just looked at me and continued driving at 70kph. what a fucker!

Red_Bean_Bun;577036 said:
If you're not in a hurry then what's the problem ?
How do the pedestrians know whether the drivers are in a hurry or not?

It's like taking an escalator. If there are people behind me walking up or down that escalator, I should keep to the left.
I don't look at people to determine if they are in a hurry or not, before deciding to keep left, right, or stand in the middle.

In Japan or S. Korea, the people automatically stands to one side of the escalator, regardless of whether there are people behind them or not.

C3P0;577080 said:
How do the pedestrians know whether the drivers are in a hurry or not?

It's like taking an escalator. If there are people behind me walking up or down that escalator, I should keep to the left.
I don't look at people to determine if they are in a hurry or not, before deciding to keep left, right, or stand in the middle.

That's true. It is not whether you are in the hurry or not...We are living in the fast moving country where everyone time is money. Ones can do their own stroll slowly in the park or shopping centre BUT not while crossing traffic junction for sure.

Unlike those Ang Mo countryside where their life is slow and easy, you can take your time.....

Remember, I am not expect someone to run, but at least quick walk since someone is waiting for you to cross. Old people, mother with childrens etc, we understand BUT we are talking about those young and healthy people.....:(

detach8;577071 said:
i think pedestrians aren't a problem. fucked up drivers are a bigger road hog. i was driving along AYE from Jurong towards City when there's this bloke in a Honda Jazz/Fit on the right lane cruising along at 60-70kph. The problem is he's the same speed as the car beside him, so nobody can overtake. The queue behind him is like what you see during F1 race when the safety car comes out - the F1 cars zigzag around :p I managed to get up beside that f****er and honked him, he just looked at me and continued driving at 70kph. what a fucker!

This is very common in Exy. In their mind, they are travelling at max speed so they've the right of way to stay at lane 1, fxx care those behind them......these are rude and thoughtless.
Nobody like to give way to others :(

Ones, while I was travelling alone ECP towards airport, there was a Honda stream stayed at lane 1, travelling at max speed, lane 1 was clear in front of him. I tried to overtake him gently in lane 2 since he didnt seem want to give way.....knn, he speed-up, trying to block me from overtaking.

@@^%$%#&, I have to slow down to go back behind him again. Then he slowed down again. KNN.

Guess what is the outcome in my 2nd try.......haha.....once my 2 small snails get angry, no chance for him leow, he not even have chance to down-shift, bye bye leow.....that's why low-end torque is important........sorry, OT a little :)

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

when i cross the road....i like to tie my shoelaces..........

Ahbengdriver;576997 said:
Thats why u must always have yr middle finger on stand-by:)

Hahaha!! U n ur middle finger....

Cnt lah,, then wats e difference btwn a bimmer driver and the fxxxer van driver!!! LOL!!!

Nvm... Juz remember e num plate and let go bah...

Do the right thing... Dnt do the thing we think rite.... WTF!!!

stevenwu;577096 said:
That's true. It is not whether you are in the hurry or not...We are living in the fast moving country where everyone time is money. Ones can do their own stroll slowly in the park or shopping centre BUT not while crossing traffic junction for sure.

Unlike those Ang Mo countryside where their life is slow and easy, you can take your time.....

Remember, I am not expect someone to run, but at least quick walk since someone is waiting for you to cross. Old people, mother with childrens etc, we understand BUT we are talking about those young and healthy people.....:(
Exact same thoughts.

hitmee;577122 said:
when i cross the road....i like to tie my shoelaces..........
When the weather is too hot, don't tie too long, wait u faint in the middle of the road

C3P0;577150 said:
Exact same thoughts.

When the weather is too hot, don't tie too long, wait u faint in the middle of the road

Faint was due to allergy.
Allergy to rust.

Steven
U need to listen to fm92.4 when u drive

hitmee;577154 said:
Faint was due to allergy.
Allergy to rust.

Steven
U need to listen to fm92.4 when u drive

True, but even I listen to fm92.4, the taxi behind me can't wait, started to honk :( and the pedestrain thought I honked so stared at me :( Don't they know BMW honk doesn't found this way ......

Oblivious pedestrians, insensitive road hoggers, tissue-paper table reservations, cone/garbage bin parking lot "chopers", drivers who takes the longest time to move off knowing that you are waiting, cars that tapped on brakes on amber light then zoomed off.....

Two words - social grace. Clearly lacking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back