I’m new to BMW need advise on 2012 f20 116i

N3150N

Hi all i’m Nelson

Im planning to get a BMW 116i would like to find out more about the mantainance of the car.. and what to look out for when buying?

Hi all i’m Nelson

Im planning to get a BMW 116i would like to find out more about the mantainance of the car.. and what to look out for when buying?
Welcome!

It has many items that need replacing in the first 3 years.

Some common ones are the expansion tank, coolant hoses, turbo inlet pipe, head casket etc. Look out for leaks at the engine area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has many items that need replacing in the first 3 years.

Some common ones are the expansion tank, coolant hoses, turbo inlet pipe, head casket etc. Look out for leaks at the engine area.

After that? Cause the care 5 yrs plus already and high mileage so a little scared..

The above mentioned are the common failures for the N13 block. The rest will be wear and tear. Any service records on what’s replaced?

The above mentioned are the common failures for the N13 block. The rest will be wear and tear. Any service records on what’s replaced?

Ic.. Dealer say car from Performance Motor but no proof don’t know if PM can provide before transfer?

Car from PML but not necessarily did the servicing there. U can check it’s service history from the iDrive.

Ic.. Dealer say car from Performance Motor but no proof don’t know if PM can provide before transfer?
They will not provide the details unless your dealer decides to help by driving the car down to them. Then they will pull the full servicing records for you.

Car from PML but not necessarily did the servicing there. U can check it’s service history from the iDrive.

Idrive can check?
Meaning if service at PML will state all the service records? Or only last service?

They will not provide the details unless your dealer decides to help by driving the car down to them. Then they will pull the full servicing records for you.

Ic.. after reading feedback from overseas websites a little afraid to buy liao
Looks like many problems.. is it only for 116 model only? Scary..

Ic.. after reading feedback from overseas websites a little afraid to buy liao
Looks like many problems.. is it only for 116 model only? Scary..
Let's just put it this way - no cars are problem-free. Even Toyotas suffer from brake pedal and airbag issues as well. It all depends on how thorough you want to be when inspecting the car you are purchasing as well as how much allowance you want to give for maintenance and downtime.

Wear and tear is something that no car can avoid - and if it is time for that part to be replaced, then it must be replaced, be it BMW, Mazda, or Hyundai.

Idrive can check?
Meaning if service at PML will state all the service records? Or only last service?

Yes. If it’s serviced at MA or PML, the iDrive will have he service record. Since the first service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betfinalkw
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back