I lost the cold air..

bmw7833

Yesterday i lost the cold air, the car only blow up the warm air even i switch to 16 degree. I just fill up the aircond gas last three mths. I fill up the gas due to the same problem last time. What's going on? Cooling coil? Hose? Valve or else?? Hopefully not failed on the cooling coil. :furious:

Re: I lost the cold air..

sounds like u have a coolant leak somewhere.. might be wise to get it checked out. i sent my car to motoaire in sin ming. they pumped some sort of dye into the circulation and used some special light and goggles to pin point where the leak was coming from. the leak was quite bad, and i saw it for myself too, and ended up replacing the aircon coil for 900bucks.....

Sorry tab on your thread :)

I encounter some aircon problem as well. Every morning, my aircon will be blowing out warm air for the first 3-5 minutes before the air will start to get cold. Anyone know what is causing this? And on hot day like today, the warm air can be blowing for abt 8 mins before it function normally.

Roasty: Can I have motoraire number please? Anyone in particular I can look for? Thanks pal

roasty, thanks bro.

bmw7833, bro so you plan to go down to ah chuan? i will probaly drop by during lunch time tomorrow or tuesday.

Eldwin, i went to my mechanic and refill the gas just now. He pump the compressor oil and will trace up which part was going wrong for me. Good luck for u.

What i understand from the guys at peroformance is that the taking of time to send cool air thru the vents is the 1st sign of the aircon compressor failing. im experiencing this problem also. what i do to try to get around this is to drive the car for a couple of minutes brfore turning the ac on immediately when i get in. however no suggestions during a traffic jam.

keny, but is the aircon compressor covered by the warranty? why didn you get it fixed then?

To all that have a problem with warm air from your air-con,
Hi, I am driving a 2000 E46 adn in the past few days i am experiencing mixed warm air blowing out from the center two air vents.

Just two weeks ago, I have gone to Performance to discharged/filled the air-con gas, therefore Performance is very sure that my air-con condensor is likely to be the cause and need replacement, and it will cost me $1,800!!!.

Did anyone out there experiencing the similar problem and how and where did you fix it,. Any advice will be greatly apprciated.

Thanks.

8486;264336 said:
Hi, I am driving a 2000 E46 adn in the past few days i am experiencing mixed warm air blowing out from the center two air vents.

Just two weeks ago, I have gone to Performance to discharged/filled the air-con gas, therefore Performance is very sure that my air-con condensor is likely to be the cause and need replacement, and it will cost me $1,800!!!.

Did anyone out there experiencing the similar problem and how and where did you fix it,. Any advice will be greatly apprciated.

Thanks.

Could be your resistor....

Fill the gas last week, but now lost the cold air again..:furious: :furious:

8486;264336 said:

Thanks.

could just be the aircon coil.

I changed my cooling coil as u know last week..

But the new problem appear!! Sometime i start my car and switch on the aircon, it is normal and under control; but sometime i start my car and switch on the aircon, it is totally out of control--hot air came out (same like the hot air b4 i changed my cooling coil)..

I go back to workshop and check for 3 times, what their said was, this is normal!! The boss recommend to block the heater or changed the heater valve..But now the problem is, if i block the heater, i can not adjust the temperature anymore (that means 16 deg = 26 deg)..

So,
1. Who ever block the heater??
2. Who ever changed the heater valve??

Pls give me ur opinion..

My car is e39 523i single vanos..

Hi bmw7833,
I have was playing with the control a little and managed to adjust the controls, so that "ONLY" cool air is blowing out from the dashboard grills, however, there are still warm air coming out from the botton blowing at my legs after running about 10-15 minutes.

Now, I am quite convinced that what Performance told me may not be true - i.e. I have to replace my coil whcih cost about $1,800. I plan to monitor the situation for awhile and will go to a third party air-con workshop to have the heater part of the air-conditioning system terminated. Why third party, cos, Performance will never do this for me I guess. Although I am not a mechanic, but I think this should works, so no matter how I am going to adjust the air-con, there will be only cold air blowing, and by the way who need hot air in Singapore?

BTW bmw7833, temperature are control by the thermostat and not by mixing hot and cold air , so I don't really understand what the "Boss" is talking about. Thanks.

Who else can help me??

Car almost 4 yrs old liao, no warranty. Anyway, since dashboard comming down, decided to change compressor, coil, resistor one shot. Wah, total damage about SGD 2800. Its being done at Motoaire. Reasonable ??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetreise

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back