If you ever wanted to know how much all the ADs make...see this!

Re: If you ever wanted to know how much all the ADs make...see this!

allx;968630 said:
Yes, the new Mazda6 really quite chio looking. Mazda makes reliable cars based on my past experience with them. Abit petrol thirsty tho.

i'm looking forward to going to the pump every 2-3 weeks instead of weekly. IMO thirsty cars are really not viable in a mkt where efficiency is the way forward.

it won't be any more thirsty than a turbo engine with a weight of 1500kg F10 to haul around lah

As bmw progress in their efficiency, i suppose mazda is also moving forward.
The earlier statement about thirsty mazda was in the past, might have changed now or ...

bmw was also know to be thirsty in the past ....

But i do think the japs need to keep up, the germans are moving towards smaller engines but greater power. Japs also lagging on diesel power tech. When i was car shopping, i took one look at lexus and infiniti and was put off by all the high cc. To them, if want performance must be big ass engine and its just not appealing in mkts where one is taxed according to cc rating (most of europe and asia?)

I won't speak too early. The FI engines only surfaced in the last 2-3 years. The long term reliability is still unknown.

The Mazda engine is NA but they use high compression to achieve the same fuel economy.

I never understood why people say Mazdas are thirsty. My wife's 7 year old Mazda2 consistently returns 12km/l.

One of the biggest contributor to fuel economy is weight. No matter how much more efficient you make engines, losing weight makes the most difference. Our cars are gettinf heavier due to the pursuit of safety. If you put the modern day engine into a BMW E30, I'm sure you will get insane FC.

That's why the F series cars are made lighter... at the expense of sound insulation.

Mazda's 3 and 6 series quite good. Recommended by minister also ...... Tell your friends about your M3 or M6........

detach8;968722 said:
I won't speak too early. The FI engines only surfaced in the last 2-3 years. The long term reliability is still unknown.

The Mazda engine is NA but they use high compression to achieve the same fuel economy.

I never understood why people say Mazdas are thirsty. My wife's 7 year old Mazda2 consistently returns 12km/l.

One of the biggest contributor to fuel economy is weight. No matter how much more efficient you make engines, losing weight makes the most difference. Our cars are gettinf heavier due to the pursuit of safety. If you put the modern day engine into a BMW E30, I'm sure you will get insane FC.

That's why the F series cars are made lighter... at the expense of sound insulation.

Compared to Toyota, Honda and Nissan's stable, Mazda 6 seems to be the closest to conti car's standard in terms of exterior and interior. Not sure about the drive though cos I didn't try. Most of the sales persons in these showrooms, with the exception of Nissan, seem disinterested. Or it could be they detected my lack of interest in thier cars (the perils of owning a BMW) despite me making my way around without my car.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinggroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back