illegal tint

ianski

Harlow People!

I've noticed that more and more cars on the road with tint that is obviously illegal based on LTA's guidelines. I would really like to get a dark tint for my car but am afraid when I have to eventually go in for inspection.

Quick quesiton: Any of you have illegal tint? And if so, how do you get around it when going in for inspection? I have heard that there are 'lobangs'...

one more question: if you take your original tint off, will it scratch your glass, and affect the adhesiveness of the tint you put second time round?

thanks for your advice!

Re: illegal tint

no la... everyone here do things all LTA approved

Ya must be clear tint, or else inspection sure fail, ask u to tear down.

LEGAL BEST!

are the inspectors vigilant in checking the tint? i can't remember during my last inspection

check out this tints ! been on the road quite sometimes never been caught,
& hard to catch him cos he drive after 8pm.. LTA govt job, go home 5:30pm

bobbywi7.jpg

I understand some tint, even though approved by LTA, is not approved Malaysia so you may be fined if you go across causeway!

iScoupe;323719 said:
check out this tints ! been on the road quite sometimes never been caught,
& hard to catch him cos he drive after 8pm.. LTA govt job, go home 5:30pm

bobbywi7.jpg

i think he drive at night with night vision goggles.

woah that is seriously siiiick man! geez...i've never seen tint in s'pore that dark before..
ok lah, i don't want that dark..but are those guys at LTA vigilant on checking the tint during inspection???

ianski;323681 said:
Harlow People!

I've noticed that more and more cars on the road with tint that is obviously illegal based on LTA's guidelines. I would really like to get a dark tint for my car but am afraid when I have to eventually go in for inspection.

Quick quesiton: Any of you have illegal tint? And if so, how do you get around it when going in for inspection? I have heard that there are 'lobangs'...

one more question: if you take your original tint off, will it scratch your glass, and affect the adhesiveness of the tint you put second time round?

thanks for your advice!

Lets be honest with ianski lah guys.. he need sme advice from forum thats why he is here.

ianski, My previous 7 is almost zero percent. Cant see shit from outside in. had it for 1year plus no prob. got caught by TP on highway 1 month before i sold it. damage $70 and given 2 weeks to change it. No need go for inspection. My current one oso fail but this time, can see my shadow inside. Not yet get caught yet. all this depends on luck too.

Taking ur tint off will not scartch your glass.. Your installer will know how to do it leaving no trace at all before installing another new tint.

Yap there are "lobangs"... u must go find your own "lobang".. I cant tell u where, tell u must kill u. :)

Dun worry so much.. just mod.

LOL thanks bros...i truly appreciate the advice...ok lar..i'll go try my luck! and see if i can get my own lobang (maybe within LTA hehe)

mine close to zero % all round too...so far so good...*touch wood* got tailed by ROV many times though...but faster siam..

Just wondering if I want my existing tint film to be darker (to the max of legal compliant), do i need to remove and get new one, or just stick a 2nd layer to the current one?? Pls advise.

318 NewBoy;324044 said:
Just wondering if I want my existing tint film to be darker (to the max of legal compliant), do i need to remove and get new one, or just stick a 2nd layer to the current one?? Pls advise.

U can double layer it. Better heat rejection.

Moreover removing and chemical wash the windows got extra charges. :)

8) Oooooooo , I see. Thanks.

wah i kena liao..

driving to work this morning, passing orchard wheelock traffic light, think a TP/ROV saw me at the junction. tailed me to orchard boulevard, drove next to me.. i knew i kena liao. signalled me to pullover..

asked me if i knew that its only 30% allowed in front windows, i said "issit? this one not 30% ah? orh u mean 30% can see thru, or 30% cannot see thru?"

he said they would send me a letter. didnt give me a fine slip, didnt tell me to take the tint off straight away.

*edited !!!!!!!!!!!*

Roasty said:
as i drove off i tried not to rev my car (cos visited Man exhaust last week.. heh heh), but knn its uphill, have to rev if not car cannot move.. so loud.. my balls shrink. luckily he never stop me again..
KNN and the same TP could be surfing this forum at this moment......... can be smarter or not, doctor?

:nehnehhh:

kenntona;350265 said:
KNN and the same TP could be surfing this forum at this moment......... can be smarter or not, doctor?

:nehnehhh:

hai.. ya lah..

i edit mine u edit yours. faster!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88141
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back