• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Importing aftermkt Parts for the M3

Re: Importing aftermkt Parts for the M3

NS, while I agree with you that the stock suspension & brakes are already very good, the M3 was designed to be a road car.. not a track car, thus will not withstand continuous hot laps at Sepang so well.

It was for this reason the M3 CSL was created, to address the issue of the M3 being just a fast road car. For most of us though, an M3 CSL is somewhat beyond our financial reach, and even if it isn't they were made in limited numbers and they've all been sold.

Next best thing is to buy a regular M3 (better yet an M3 CS) and bring it up to track car specs. You won't get the carbon roof and quicker steering rack but it'll be pretty competetive.

I couldn't agree more about the professional driver training bit. In fact I'm looking for a suitable course to sign up for. Any recommendations?

m3magic said:
I know the mod bug is difficult to resist, and it’s really your money and time. But, let me share my view …. The stock M3 is already a very competent car!! Unless you track it very often, its power, brakes (yes, brakes!!) and suspension is VERY good. Have you even explored the upside limits of what your stock M3 can do? Yes, its brakes are the weakest link, but, that is if you take her on track doing non-stop hot laps. Some will still remember the last M-track day by PML (yes, once upon a time, they still do organize such events), Keith was taking customers on hot laps taxi ride all morning non-stop, no problem what so ever. Suspension, yes, there are GC and PSS and other suspension that are more compliance than stock, but prepare to spend TIME to properly tune the after market suspension to achieve the balance for your car. Some here will know Eric (race driver, not WT!!) commented that Prof Yeoh’s stock M3 suspension is still the most balanced setup among the few M3 he drove, including mine and Chris; it took me almost 6 months to get the suspension properly setup.

So, if you are feeling expensive and want to spend some money, my suggestion is to invest in some professional driver’s training; mod the driver before you mod the car. Enjoy …..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alo789f

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back