Improve E36 318IS Performance

watergt

Hi! I am a newbie to cars and will be collecting my car tomorrow. I have read quite a bit of stuff regarding this car on the net and apparently, the M42B18 engine is on the weak side.

I am wondering what else I could do to improve the power?

Thanks for the help!!

Re: Improve E36 318IS Performance

the pic in your signature dont match the words no more. :nehnehhh:

I just need a little more torque. Me want to learn how to drift. Saw on youtube that there is a local drift club. Its looks very cool.!!

Just wait for your tyre to expires and try it on a rainny day...sure drift.

watergt;243600 said:
I just need a little more torque. Me want to learn how to drift. Saw on youtube that there is a local drift club. Its looks very cool.!!

should have got a S13 if u wanna drift...haha
gotta do a lot of reinforcements if u wanna drift like them...:yummie:

E36 is a fantastic drift car, but ppl dun use it for drifting purpose becoz u need more power and wear and tear on the car will take its toll. since its a BMW, the parts will be more expensive to replace as well. But as long you car is properly set up, ie: struts, swaybars, camber, coilovers, pu bushings, lsd, proper tires etc, its good for drifting.

aiyo why drift a heavy car like BMW ! some more maybe need a M3 3.2 engine to have enough power.. drift a BMW in singapore is liao $$$$..

iscoupe, well if u got $$$ to burn, why not ?

Sigh...how come no have $$$$$ suka suka drift into my pocket one ah? they always drift out nia.... sighZ

lol! Thats why me want to learn drifitng. Who knows, $$$ may start drifting into my pocket!

i think 1st the money will drift into the tyres shop.....they will definitely love u alot cos drifting wears out the tyres fast...hia hia hia

not just tyres man.. gearbox, driveshaft, wheel bearings, all your bushings... etc etc...esp. on an older car, all those parts will wear out very fast

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
new88comcom1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back