in Love with... BMW

Pcw7447

Dear BMW Gurus and experts,

My current ride is Optra.. but my love towards BMW was from my teenage... well to me none of the car and compare with BMW... it just like love at first sight :)

Due to budget, am planing to get or started with e36 (91/92) where the price around 14 - 18k... as am shopping around at sgcarmart... lots of e36 318, 320 and 325... need advise from expert on how to choose the car wisely... where no parts need to be change( :laughlik: due to budget..)

can advise below car ok or worth buying??

Singapore Used Car. BMW 325IA (COE till 03/2011) Sale by Mr Benz Traders - sgCarMart
or
Singapore Used Car. BMW 320IM (COE till 02/2011) Sale by Mr Benz Traders - sgCarMart

Pls advise..

Terima kasih... Thank you....

B/Regards,
Wee

Re: in Love with... BMW

Hi Wee,

Welcome to the forums and we hope you have a great time here :)

While i personally can't help you with the prices...we'll have to call on the E36 bros here to help you out.

Calling sszone and gang....

Firstly, welcome :)

Next. You got to ask yourself what you are expecting from your e36. Wide range to choose from 316-328, with also auto an manual to consider.

Naturally, cause we are COE cars, the higher you go in CC, the more you pay, ALOT more. Also, e36 are no fuel efficient cars. So again, bigger your CC, higher your petrol bills monthly. If none of this is your concern, just go for the biggest engine u can get. If not, measure what you are willing to pay to what you want from the car.

Gearbox wise the manual will always give you more power then the auto. So if u are a off the light freak. You must definitely get a manual.

How much you pay for your car?
Very subjective. If you're going for one that is bought from a dealer. I say you pay no more then 14k for it. This is depending on CC of the engine, so u estimate yourself. I STRONGLY recommend you get from forumers. Most of us have already done up alot on our cars. So in comparison to dealer's cars. You need to do less, thus spending less. 16yr old e36 have tonnes of problems. No matter how well you think you have taken care of your ride something will go bonkers every month. So do consider this before you sign on the line.

Things to look out for.
1. Oil leakage (engine/transmission) - if u buy, get a mech to jack the car up look under. Very easy to tell. Typical e36 problem.
2. Over Heating - during test drive, make sure u warm the car up before going, during the test drive, dont be shy to keep it short, make sure u get stuck at traffic lights etc, and monitor the temp gauge. The meter at the middle mark is generally a good sign.
3. Interior - if you like it clean inside, choose one that is in good condition. Cause spare parts of e36 interior are getting hard to find, and are extremely expensive to order.
4. Bodykit/accessories - well the more the car comes with, the better it is. But if none its ok as well. There are tonnes of aftermakets u can buy and put a hole through your pocket.

Thats all i can think of for now. There are quite a few e36 here. PM them or see who comes across this thread drops you more advice.

Have fun and good luck, the e36 is one of the most raw cars to drive. :)

hahaha i'm not a horsin. i always welcome people in the forum. no matter what.

welcome to bmw.sg dude. you should really join us for the satay. and you can ask tons of questions regarding the e36. e36 rocks man!!

Welcome.....good luck on ur search :)

yeap, talk to the e36 guys b4 u buy ur car, as wear n tear will sets in if u buy a badly maintained one.

:thumbsup: Thanks for the adviced...appreciated.

I'm tempted to get from Wong but do you guys think it worth buying? I shop around and normally the price ard 12k - 14k but this one... well...

Singapore Used Car. BMW 318IM (COE till 03/2011) Sale by Owner - sgCarMart

Since Wong posted in this forum before and I wondering anyone of you had tested the car?

Besides, I would like to know how much I have to pay for insurance and road tax and do you think it;s worth to extend another 10years? how much I have to pay for coe?

sorry la... I'm not singaporean therefore confuse with the system here :) :)

ABD, no thats Bobby and sometimes C3P0 only

club sandy all good boys and girls

The car in the link u posted is the car "Trilogy" is selling.

Pay more for a assurance.

If you want to buy it cheap then prepare for lots of headache in the coming months.

Ahbengdriver;356395 said:
club sandy is it always go sar lau one?
ABD, we usually eat satay and then drink coffee at Club Sandy. Then Phil will go sar lau by himself to meet bobby and the swee char bo.

phil;356404 said:
ABD, no thats Bobby and sometimes Phil only.

club sandy people like C3P0 all good boys and girls

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
typhu88bid

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back