in sg,can a father sell a 2 million property to the son for a dollar ?

Darth Vader

hi folks

in sg, can a father sell a 2 million property to the son for one dollar ?
i was told by a lawyer it cant because the government want stamp duty, so can only sell at close to valuation to the son.is this true ?

Re: in sg,can a father sell a 2 million property to the son for a dollar ?

U bet it cannot be done. However, the Government can take a portion of anyone's Freehold land and give us S$1.00 :shock:

Baby1M;841163 said:
U bet it cannot be done. However, the Government can take a portion of anyone's Freehold land and give us S$1.00 :shock:

like that my constitutional rights as a citizen is violated, can i bring the matter to supreme court ?

Darth Vader;841167 said:
like that my constitutional rights as a citizen is violated, can i bring the matter to supreme court ?
Yes u may. Verdict, Government shall pay you S$1k and please move on with life * :p

Well, my grandpa's entire plot of land (bigger than 1 soccer field) was taken by the government. He was compensated with a 4-room HDB (back then priced @ ~S$20k) + S$1.00 (I still have the old land title deed paper which shows payment of S$1.00 by government to him for the land) :mad:

* If my memory do not fail me - There was a real case a few years back, where a segment private property (freehold I htink) of a Church was taken buy the Government, they gave a S$1 cheque! It was raised and later on, the amount was changed from S$1 to S$1k.

Can I call you father now....

zorro;841176 said:
If you do not mind a broke father, who will stare in disbelieve on a piece of land title deed 'exchanged' for S$1.00 :lol:

Father is Ah Kong, the Government.

Darth Vader;841159 said:
hi folks

i was told by a lawyer it cant because the government want stamp duty, so can only sell at close to valuation to the son.is this true ?

Huh? I was told by a valuation consultant(real estate) a father CAN sell his son the father's property for a dollar BUT our govt will take the market rate of the property, assuming $2mil here, to compute for the stamp duty, property tax, etc...

Centurion9990;841186 said:
Huh? I was told by a valuation consultant(real estate) a father CAN sell his son the father's property for a dollar BUT our govt will take the market rate of the property, assuming $2mil here, to compute for the stamp duty, property tax, etc...
So once the father proceed to sell to son @ $!, it is back to square one, LPPL :fineprin:

Darth Vader;841159 said:
hi folks

fuck it lah, like that sell to somebody and migrate with the money.

Was refering to Darth Vader but if you have similar intention, I can call you the same..

Baby1M;841180 said:
If you do not mind a broke father, who will stare in disbelieve on a piece of land title deed 'exchanged' for S$1.00 :lol:

Father is Ah Kong, the Government.

Baby1M;841190 said:
So once the father proceed to sell to son @ $!, it is back to square one, LPPL :fineprin:

Good ler bro.. Not need 2mil cash/loan and get a property.. Only need to pay ah gong taxes.. I dun mind.. Now who needs a god son??? I am ready to call u lao pei for a 2mil property! PM me, serious father only

zorro;841193 said:

i have enough children already, next life i give you priority ok ?

Yes you can. Consideration need not be adequate. Willing buyer willing seller.

I remember d British sold Alexandra Hosp to d Goverment for a dollar.

How much did we sold Christmas Island for?

cannot just change name meh? or WILL it la..

iScoupe;841229 said:
cannot just change name meh? or WILL it la..

Will it can but father needs to conveniently die at the appropriate time. Add name or change name also need stamping.
I think the government doesn't care about the $1 sales price. If they want to charge stamp, they can always use valuation price.

white;841210 said:

Maybe also $1 with tons of commission.

They mine lots of sulphur there, eats lots of blue crabs, and now for asylum seekers.

If still under Singapore, we will build nuclear reactor and channel electricity back to main island. Or we rent to US Navy at the cheaper rate than AU garment.

white;841210 said:

Christmas Island was sold to Australia for S$1 million. The Minister who sold it w/o permission from parliament, later commited suicide when the authorities came to know about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
komalss
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back