Inspection results from Perofrmance Motor

Hi guys,

This is my first post here so hello everyone!
I just got a 2nd hand BMW and had done a inspection today at PML and the results is quite shocking.... can u help let me know which ones of these are essential fix as there is only about 1 year left on the car and i do not want to spend more than I need to.

visual inspection found:

1) Engine oil pan gasket leaking ($600)

2) front and rear crankshaft oil seal leak ($1150)

3) coolant heater return hose leak.

4) Coolant heater supply hose to auxiliary water pump ($150)

5) Cylinder head coolant end plate cover ($180)

6) Connection pipe at cylinder head coolant leak ($270)

7) Radiator notice there coolant stain. ($1000)

we also found fault register for the electronic. those fault are:

1) fault for axuiliary water pump weak - ($470)

2) fault for front ride height sensor. Setpoint out of spec. need to change the control unit and the height sensor as preventive. ($1200). this will affect your headlight beam throw.

Other than that:

1) All absorber leaking. ($3500) includes wheel alignment

Haha! That is quite normal but I think the previous owner dun change them out so u kenna one shot jialat jialat. They dun spoil at one go but more or less they will one.

To drive it for one more year then scrap... don't change anything, just drive and enjoy. Remember to check engine oil level and top up when necessary, also to check radiator water level top up regularly. If you want to keep the car then suggest you change the crankshaft oil seals at PML, all the rest can do it outside.

PML price usually higher, try getting a few quotes from our other site sponsor ws and do the few essential ones.

thanks guys...... yesterday the car has another problem ..... it started to shake when stop at red light and can feel that seems like no power even when i step on the gas... .then some power then no again..... scary.... now parked at home not dare to drive......... will bring to work shop tomorrow morning

since i have only got the car for 1 month.... do you think I can claim the dealer for the cost of repair?

You can try but these are considered wear and tear items.

Even if u do lodge a complaint under lemon law they can drag n drag n drag or if u need to enforce the ruling you need to engage.... u get the gist of it.

Regardless u can try to look for them and see what can be done, I wouldn't put much hope on it.

Good luck to your ride!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taixiumienphi
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back