Install Coilovers & Weight Distribution

dsdfan

I'm considering installing KW V2 coilovers on an E90. Aim: improved handling and chassis height.

Can these new coilovers mess with the ideal weight distribution and balanced spring rates engineered in the stock suspension?

Is installation a straightforward process: just replace existing stock shocks with new coilovers?

Or is it a risky delicate operation where the slightest error can disrupt the original fine balance of the e90?

Re: Install Coilovers & Weight Distribution

You are going too deep bro!

Are you preparing your car for DTM?

All E90/E92/E93 bros here with aftermarket coilovers, swaybars don't even go as deep as your question here....

'The Great White'

wilman2772;401250 said:
You are going too deep bro!

Thanks for the assurance, Wilson!

Just stepping into the "waters" of coilovers for the first time, so I'd appreciate advice from experienced "deep sea divers" such as yourself.

I needed to ensure coilovers would not present configuration issues too complex for a non-expert to handle. Would hate to end up with a ride that's worse than stock.

So I assume coilover installation is pretty straightforward, no magic tweaking needed? Just drop to a nice height, adjust dampers for comfort/handling?

Hope to enjoy an improved ride soon . . . .

dsdfan;401277 said:
Thanks for the assurance, Wilson!

Just stepping into the "waters" of coilovers for the first time, so I'd appreciate advice from experienced "deep sea divers" such as yourself.

I needed to ensure coilovers would not present configuration issues too complex for a non-expert to handle. Would hate to end up with a ride that's worse than stock.

So I assume coilover installation is pretty straightforward, no magic tweaking needed? Just drop to a nice height, adjust dampers for comfort/handling?

Hope to enjoy an improved ride soon . . . .

Bro,

Why don't you read from this thread?????

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/group-.../24230-gb-affordable-coilovers-e90-e92-5.html

Don't trust me!! Read wat others experience............

'The Great White'

I am using KW V2 on my E92. Have driven it all the way till the speed limit. You want to hear some experience? easy, just buy me a Kopi-C...kekeke

Lets talk on PM DSDFAN. Btw how come your name is not DVD-FAN ?

Will be installing KW Variant 2 at J4C, courtesy of Wilman2772.

Re: Install Coilovers: Risky?

bro you can consider corner weighting/weighing your car. i think maximus racing has that service. you can try to give them a call

dsdfan;401213 said:
I'm considering installing KW V2 coilovers on an E90. Aim: improved handling and chassis height.

Can these new coilovers mess with the ideal weight distribution and balanced spring rates engineered in the stock suspension?

Is installation a straightforward process: just replace existing stock shocks with new coilovers?

Or is it a risky delicate operation where the slightest error can disrupt the original fine balance of the e90?

dsdfan;401311 said:
Will be installing KW Variant 2 at J4C, courtesy of Wilman2772.

Have driven my "new" E90 for five days with the KW V2's installed at J4C, using default settings.

The KW's have transformed the car into a totally different animal. The bounciness in the suspension has been brought under control. The car feels more tightly connected and planted to the road. Instead of being flabby and bloated, the car now has this new super-taut and muscular feel.

The power delivery seems more snappy and responsive since energy from the engine is channelled more directly to the wheels. Handling is exhilarating: more precise and secure.

Paradoxically, the ride feels more comfortable. The occupants feel more anchored. Passengers have commented on how comfortable it now feels to ride in the car.

With its lowered stance, the car now has an athletic and mean new look, reflecting the way it drives: like a crouching tiger ready to spring into action.

The improvements are beyond what I expected. Thanks to JC4 for a great installation and to Wilman2772, who provided superb professional support.

dsdfan;404170 said:
Have driven my "new" E90 for five days with the KW V2's installed at J4C, using default settings.

The KW's have transformed the car into a totally different animal. The bounciness in the suspension has been brought under control. The car feels more tightly connected and planted to the road. Instead of being flabby and bloated, the car now has this new super-taut and muscular feel.

The power delivery seems more snappy and responsive since energy from the engine is channelled more directly to the wheels. Handling is exhilarating: more precise and secure.

Paradoxically, the ride feels more comfortable. The occupants feel more anchored. Passengers have commented on how comfortable it now feels to ride in the car.

With its lowered stance, the car now has an athletic and mean new look, reflecting the way it drives: like a crouching tiger ready to spring into action.

The improvements are beyond than I expected. Thanks to JC4 for a great installation and to Wilman2772, who provided superb professional support.

Thanks for the detailed review & Compliment Doc!!!!

Next step up will be to upgrade your swaybars......kekekeke

Get the M3 DCT steering & shift the gears thru paddleshifting' it will give you tonnes of driving pleasures!!!!

Trust me!! kekekeke

'The Great White'

dsdfan;404170 said:

The improvements are beyond what I expected. Thanks to JC4 for a great installation and to Wilman2772, who provided superb professional support.

Hi
Can you please tell me where you got it done and costs? I am referring to the suspension being brought under control

Alamak Darius, why never install the ARBs together with the coilovers! Save u another trip to the workshop! hehehe! Poison!

Azrielsc;408238 said:
Alamak Darius, why never install the ARBs together with the coilovers! Save u another trip to the workshop! hehehe! Poison!

Told him liao.....he wanna try 1 mod at a time woh......kekekeke

I have 2 brands for him to choose somemore......H&R or Hotchkis....

'The Great White'

wilman2772;408243 said:

'The Great White'

dangerous area...if yr heart keep saying "econ bad"..
lots of poison ard...:)

Sooner or later sure do wan.
Like forgeting to wear pants going out! like missing something

dsdfan;404170 said:

you're the first person tat i know passengers of yours compliment comfort with KWV2 install. what setting are u on?

tom_ting;408353 said:
you're the first person tat i know passengers of yours compliment comfort with KWV2 install. what setting are u on?

J4C used the manufacturer's suggested settings,which is somewhere at the mid point.

Depends on what a passenger defines as comfort. If you like to bounce up and down on a soft springy cushion so that the edge to be taken off every undulation on the road, then stock is more comfortable. If you feel more secure rivetted to the road and hate oscillating up and down for a few seconds after every bump, then the KW suspension feels more reassuring.

Remarkable that the wife never even commented on the new suspension.

wilman2772;404562 said:
Next step up will be to upgrade your swaybars......kekekeke

Trust me!! kekekeke

'The Great White'

Azrielsc;408238 said:

wilman2772;408243 said:

'The Great White'

+++1.. you won't regret. :) ..

mike_foo;408222 said:
Hi
Can you please tell me where you got it done and costs? I am referring to the suspension being brought under control

Installation & Alignment are included in the package. I recommend you contact Wilman2772 for pricing. He has stock for a number of models and will provide detailed advice on your final choice.

You might find his pricing beats other sellers. Also, no other seller kept stock. Instead they all required full deposit plus one month to indent.

I asked for installation at Juzz for Cars as they have extensive experience with this procedure.

With the freedom and confidence that comes from KW's increased precision & control, the owner will always be finding the smallest excuse to drive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclub5com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back