Installation Of New ICE on E60

Kevin Lam

Hello All,

Will be visiting Jason of Dynasty in the next few days to install my sound system. Going to get a Digital Sound Processor and a pair of 4" Diamonds for the front. Anyone out there who has any experience with him installing your ICE?? Any feedback will be great! I wonder whether the installation will affect any of my electrical stuff especially since mine is the start/stop button variety.

I know that 2 of his workers are formerly from (the now defunct) Zoom Audio. Had my Jag done by these 2 guys a few years ago - must say they did an excellent job then.

Hope to hear from you guys! Thx!

Kevin

Re: Installation Of New ICE on E60

Two types of reputation. one is his attitude. The other is he's really good. I've visited him couple of times, and i must say i would go to him for future installations. Won some competitions but dont read too much into it. I find him to be proud, but i like shops which are proud enough of their abilities. He's quite friendly i feel despite hearing otherwise. He has the ability to make u keep upgrading so be careful on this. I've sat in at least 2 or 3 of his installations, and they are really good.

He sells mostly high end stuff. Remember him not getting first in IASCA some years back, but the FOCAL director from dunno where was quoted as saying Jason produces Focal sound in its truest form.

BTw, if budget no object, maybe u shud consider Scanspeak. Ask him about it. Its in his car.

Oops! That's right, it's 4" Focals and not Diamonds. Do you know whether an LC6 controller is required for the 5 Series E60?

Hi Kevin,

I honestly don't know if Jason has done any installations on E60s before, but can certainly vouch for the quality of his workmanship, as well as his ear-bility for tuning...

I kinda did a leap-of-faith when I first went to Jason, after Tony from Tye left... and have not regretted it one bit...

Cheers...

*Clarion HX-D2, 2 x Steg QMOS Amps, 2 x Focal Polykevlars Components, 1 x Focal Access Boxed Sub, iPod-linked*

Jason of Dynasty... funny guy. I went to him he told me don't talk to him about budget and let him do the recommendations. I'm with Hong Guan and am quite happy with them.

Workers are good. Check out my other thread on my Subaru. Those guys have extensive experience in working with plexiglas and fibre molding.

jaskin said:
Jason of Dynasty... funny guy. I went to him he told me don't talk to him about budget and let him do the recommendations. I'm with Hong Guan and am quite happy with them.

Haha...that must be him. Mood swings i supposed. He can be nice and chatty... in fact, i consulted him and he had gladly shared his opinions , despite that i havent given him any business.

Kevin Lam said:
Oops! That's right, it's 4" Focals and not Diamonds. Do you know whether an LC6 controller is required for the 5 Series E60?

I am totally not familiar with e60. Are u changing your tweets as well ? Focal uses metal tweets, and metal tweets generally can climb higher, thus common complaint is that its too bright. Some like it, most don't.

Now I remeber their names... workers that did my car at Zoom were Ah Shui and Ah Zhee. (cantonese pronunciation)

Hello Guys,

Thx for replying to me. Yes, Ah Zhee is still there - been with Dynasty for the past 3 years. I know he is good since he fixed up my previous car while at Zoom. Using Focal tweeters as well. Car will be in for at least 2 days.......

Re: Installation Of New ICE on E60 : INSTALLED!

After a 2 full days job, my sound system was finally done. I must say that the E60 does not have any tweeters (disappointing for such a luxury car) and I also found out that there are a pair of speakers under the front seats! It was great as I actually ran 3-way for the speaker set-up in front.

Re: Installation Of New ICE on E60 : INSTALLED!

Congrats !! What are the hardware ? Focal UTopia Berylium ? Amps, sub ?
Share leh..

My E60 was the first that Jason had done but for a first-timer, it was pretty good. Cannot complain about his staging and imaging. Be going back to him in 2 weeks time for re-tuning after the system has bedded in. Some things to be aware : because this is the first time they were doing it (guess someone has to be a scapegoat!!), make sure you check that all your BM's circuitry system is working. For example, my reverse sensor, headlight warning sound (when you forget to switch it off) and passenger seatbelt warning "Beeps" were all not working. Had to return for minor rectification works.

My hardware includes :
- 3 amps (1 x new 4 channel Carcell, 1 x existing 4 channel Audison and 1 x existing 2 channel Infinity);
- 4" Focals - mid range and tweeter - I also retained the 2 stock speakers under the front seats - so am running 3-way;
- 2 Rear fills - stock std and
- 2 10" Crystal subs - located in wheel well.

And oh yes, Jason's Scanspeak is no more in his car. he is obviously the spokesperson for Genesis since his entire car is kitted out with Genesis amps!

I am surprised he didnt push u for focal & genesis setup !! Thats what he usually do.

If i am driving the e60 and the e90, i would certainly go 3 way since the 6" can be placed under the seat. Enjoy mate....

Thx! I guess he knew I was very sticky on my budget. But he did say to replace 1 of my amps for a Genesis one.......(Hee! Hee! Hee!)

I've never heard anyone regretting using Genesis amps. Their build quality is truly superb. Or you can go full Audison... although Genesis looks more impressive.

Apparently Audisons don't sound as good as it should be. My audisons are already at full stretch powering my subs. Genesis is truly expensive although looks alone can kill! A 4 channel amp is already $1300!!!! But I guess that would be my next upgrade.....!! Hee! Hee!

Audison LRx or VRx ? VRx are pretty impressive actually.... Bro, power your subs using Monoblock would be more efficient. You can opt for DLS A6, good value for money.

Hmm.....DLS A6 - is that an Audison brand? How much is it? Yup, I know monoblock is the way to go. But my question is : can you really tell the DIFFERENCE?

DLS is the brand.

As for the difference, hell yeah. Power makes all the difference, assuming everything else is the same.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back