Installation Of New ICE on E60

Re: Installation Of New ICE on E60

What is the power specs for the DLS A6? Where is it made in? What kind of (min) power would you need to power 2 x 10" subs? What set-up are you currently using?

Bro, don't be lazy la... do a search on the net for DLS A6. Made in Taiwan which is the only gripe some people have. Depends on who u speak to, location of manufacture may or may not be a bother.

Min power should be 250rms per sub, but again depends on the sub u are using. For instance u are using JBL GTi, u may need 1200RMS to effectively maximise the capability. TWo of the best value-for-money non-mainstream brands for subs to look at are Xtant and ImageDynamics.

I am on stock setup..believe it or not. Was neither here nor there, and i should be changing car maybe end of the year, i simply stop. also partly because i know i would need to spend a bomb to get wat i want...

If i am driving e60 or e90, i would have 3 way upfront, remove rear speakers, and chuck a 12" in the boot.

We are not really allowed to digress too much in this forum. The Mods are doing a very good job monitoring out of topic threads..hehe...

I am on e46, and still like it.

Kevin, any chance to let us try your new setup ? Me on e60 too and thinking of upgrading ICE too. Glad to see you've done it successfully.

Planning to replace my present drive with either the E200/280 or the 523/525. One of the main concern is to transfer my hi-fi setup to the new car. Appreciate advise on whether I can still use my existing headunit and processor if I go for the E60. Is there any air-bag in the front A-pillars? I need to mount the component speakers there.

Thank You

Yes, the A pillars of my ride has airbags. But it's ok, my tweeters are actually mounted on each A pillar. Very tastefully done. I also brought a majority of my components over too from my old ride but not the head unit though. I tend to stick to the original unit.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back