Installing car alarm

Trigeek

Anyone here installed car alarm to their ride? My current ride has no car alarm and I am thinking to doing it but will like to hear comments/ suggestions. Thanks

Re: Installing car alarm

I use a Viper... OEM for specific BMW models. Connects direct to OBC. Minimun wiring. Arm/ disarm via original BMW remote. Internal and external motion detector, PM me if u need contact.

MapleLeaf;674062 said:
I use a Viper... OEM for specific BMW models. Connects direct to OBC. Minimun wiring. Arm/ disarm via original BMW remote. Internal and external motion detector, PM me if u need contact.

Pls pm me details and price. Thx

MapleLeaf;674062 said:

Hi Mapleleaf would appreciate yr installer contact on the above alarm and the cost u incurred installing it

Thks
Patrick

Oh.... I PM-ed all (who asked).

If I missed you, please PM me again.

Hi Maple,

PM me the contact for the alarm system u mentioned and also the price if you have as well.

Thks.

Me too !! Actually I don't know the rule - why can't u post the contact details here since u are not seller . So that u don't need to PM everyone.

MonacoBlue;687361 said:
Me too !! Actually I don't know the rule - why can't u post the contact details here since u are not seller . So that u don't need to PM everyone.

Ha ha, make sense though.
:goodup:

I don't know if any Rules apply here... but who cares....

Brand: Viper Car Alarm

I got it at a small hifi shop at Bt Merah Alexandra Village (opposite Queensway Shopping Centre).

They handles my car needs for the last 20 years.

It may be a small shop, but they are supported by VIPER agent direct.

Mine cost me about $500 (cannot rem exactly cos I also installed a few other items - rear view cam etc, 3 years ago. E60.)

For my previous E46, SE got me an original BMW alarm at half price - paid $2000 for it. No difference from OEM lar.

Five Luck Car Audio
Tel: 6273 0909
127 Bt Merah Lane 1 #01-226
Singapore 0315

Boss: Philip

The VIPER is OEM specific for various BMW (and other cars). So they don't have to run wires and sensors throughout the car (e.g. car door sensors). It's simply connected to the car CAN BUS. I also have an optional ultra sound sensor cos I like to leave my windows open when I park in company premises. Put your hand thru the window and the alarm sounds.

Other accessories includes back-up battery (e.g. if somebody force open door, opens bonnet and cuts battery) but I did not opt for this option. Second siren behind... and other gadgets.

does it comes with car finder with 50m to 100m as will be good in some big carparks

Was interested in the mentioned alarm system and went to find out more. Found out the local distributor is one Kith Legend Trading located at Ubi. Called them and understand they only distribute, dun do installation. They recommended me to one of their appointed installer in Ubi i.e. New Generation Auto Sound Entreprise. Those into ICE setup would prolly hear of them before. One of those highly recommended to-go-to ICE installer :cool:

Contacted New Generation and understand from them the OEM alarm system allows our bimmer to work like any other Jap ride car alarm i.e. beeping sound while lock / unlock, alarm for illegal / forced entry, door not filly closed alarm. As for Car finder alarm, yes and no. Yes, bcos by pressing the lock button, the car alarm will go 'chirp, chirp, chirp'....No, bcos it will piggyback onto your existing alarm reading / detection distance. If ur reading / detection distance is as crappy as mine i.e. nothing more than 10m, then ur 'car finder alarm' will not work if ur more than 10m away from you car....

Last but not least, the said system with installation should set you back by about $480.

I'm pretty much sitting on the fence currently as to whether to install the alarm ......$500 just for 'sound' seems pretty hefty but will not rule it out totally though .....will see how :roll:

For those who are keen to find out more, contact as listed;

New Generation Auto Sound Entreprise
53 Ubi Avenue 1 #01-44 Paya Ubi Industrial Park S(408934)
Phone : 63486220

Disclaimer: Am not related to New Generation or whatsoever, just sharing some info ive gathered :inlove:

Last edited by a moderator:

calrose;705149 said:
will it be any issue with PML after installing this alarm?

Scare?
Don't install.
AC323 says stock is d best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcssgallery
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back