Instrument Cluster with Extended Contents Retrofit (6WA)

BMW FOREVER

Hi Guys, ever since I got my F10 I always wanted to upgrade to the extended cluster as the basic one which comes with most of the F10 earlier on was plain UGLY. As you can see in the pic below it just wasnt symmetric, with the screen only in the lower half and had that fugly blue lighting from the low quality lcd due to the poor black levels of the screen. Another issue was that whenever I would use navigation, all the other info would disappear from the instrument cluster and only show nav info. Well you can see the drastic change in the image below and just so much more pleasant on the eyes as fell as making good used of the space by showing more info at the same time. Also during the day, the dials and the needles light up with bright white lights which I think looks awesome!!
I bought this cluster on ebay from Poland and was used but very slightly..its had 300kms on the clock and the owner was upgrading to 6WB. Honestly was very hard to find this cluster as most of them were for diesel cars or had MPH speedo. Long story short I found this one after a lot of searching and when it came I contacted Tony from Codewerkx to do the coding. It was used on another car previously for 300km so the cluster needed to be wiped out first, which the seller did for me. Tony was nice enough to drop by my place and do the entire coding process, it took us a while to get everything right as the firmware on the car was different from the cluster's firmware, so Tony had to update the cluster firware by flashing it. Just thought I will share with you guys who are interested in upgrading their old clusters. The cluster cost me about 800SGD including the coding to wipe off the old car info and plus shipping cost to Singapore. I dont really like the 6WB as the whole cluster is a huge screen but the resolution is very very bad...after using the iPhone display it really looks terrible and also there is a small lag in the meters moving as its digital...test drove a pml car to find out this for myself.
View attachment 64314View attachment 64312View attachment 64313View attachment 64315

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Instrument Cluster with Extended Contents Retrofit (6WA)

nice, tried to do this as well but coding failed due to ZGW error.

ccb gahmen!

central gateway module.

Get it done from Codewerkx if still interested, Tony knows his stuff!

I went to Soundwerkz and Elebest, both couldn't. ZGW not compatible..

anyway I got 6WB liao. too late haha

MW;1100435 said:
I went to Soundwerkz and Elebest, both couldn't. ZGW not compatible..

anyway I got 6WB liao. too late haha

So do you have 6WA cluster which i can help you dispose of ?

Bro

Can u share the seller? I am interested in changing too!!

That's really nice. i also prefer the analog dials as opposed to the modern LCD screen.

yeah ... i will go with 6WA too ....

detach8;1100848 said:
That's really nice. i also prefer the analog dials as opposed to the modern LCD screen.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back