Intake Air Scoops for E90

Re: Intake Air Scoops for E90

can you advise if these are direct fit for pre FL e90? or does it require some drilling to install? the hole location do not seem to fit any where perfectly.

Deadkookaburra;545925 said:
10bhp? Oh please you are too modest...try 0.099

its probably just a cosmetic add on..

need to change air filter and intake system then can really have 10bhp gain..

haha

dantito;546341 said:
its probably just a cosmetic add on..

need to change air filter and intake system then can really have 10bhp gain..

haha

air-filter or intake system maybe max 2 to 4.5hp gain (still hoping)

unless upgrade header, down-pipe and exhaust plus ecu tune then maybe got around 20hp or more......

cheers

im driving a e92 320i.
please pm and give me advise for the 10 bhp gain upgrade.

denniszz;637488 said:
Any risk of water going in on rainy days?

BMW cold air intake location are so far the best. (IMHO) In order to suck in water enough to stalled/piang the engine, the piping has to be at the bottom of the engine bay (facing the road) Which some ppl do than due to constrain space in their engine bay / cheaper way to mod / easiest way to do up etc etc.

BMW cold air intake location are higher & will not suck in tat much water than will/may cause problem in engine stalled / piang.

Safe to use & a good mod tho ..

My nee jiam. :)

Just installed air scoop sold by a bro here! Unfortunately I broke one plastic clip, guess I'll have to drop by eng soon or PML to get the clip.

Butt feel is that my engine is quieter, especially revving above 3000 rpm? I dun have that "arggggg" sound.

Power, don't think got any difference.

Air scoop different from CAI. Air scoop helps to direct in more air into the engine so as to improve combustion. Engine should be smoother but as for bhp gain, I don't think is significant.

CAI is more expensive due to it's construction. It's nit only getting mote air but 'cold' air. Every 4 degrees drop gives in 1 bhp gain.

Positioning of CAI is crucial in determining Bhp gain too.

I used to play CAI for my previous car and also installed an air scoop for my current car. The CAI will give you better response ans groaning sound while the air scoop gives you slightly better response and quieter engine. That's my personal observation.

ok i am quite confident the air scoop made a difference. i have two e90s, one pre-FL (installed air scoop about a month ago) and one brand new (just collected 2 wks ago, no air scoop).

the LCI was shifting a little funky and i thought it was the GM tranny (old had ZF), but just today i installed the air scoop for the LCI and the difference was quite obvious - smoother shifts, revs quicker, more low end torque.

the air scoops definitely works

but i broke the plastic rivets while installing. anybody knows where to buy them?

Last edited by a moderator:

My experience with air scoop is that low end power is good

but when you are at high rev or speed more than 100kph, the engine kinda blasted with too much air and became not very responsive.

Air filter get dirtier too since whatever particles get forced into the air intake system

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back