Intending to buy BMW Z4 sDrive23i

EdwinE89

Hi all,

I've been doing some BMW Z4 hunting and I've noticed that a number of Z4s have this weird jerk when shifting from R to N to D. Every time i change the position of the selector, the car jerks/ clunks. Is this common? From what I know, most auto transmissions don't have this weird jerk. Is there something I should be concerned about? Like something is gonna fail?

Hi all,

I've been doing some BMW Z4 hunting and I've noticed that a number of Z4s have this weird jerk when shifting from R to N to D. Every time i change the position of the selector, the car jerks/ clunks. Is this common? From what I know, most auto transmissions don't have this weird jerk. Is there something I should be concerned about? Like something is gonna fail?

Hi Edwin,

welcome onboard...........

no jerking....
* just sent to a workshop to check before you make the purchase
Roooooooooooooooofless Rocks

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hey,

Would you be able to take me around in your car to show me what a well maintained Z4 is supposed to feel like? But what is causing this weird jerk? The jerk in the transmission is similar to you revving the car to 2k, holding the handbrake and then waiting for the front of the car to lift up like when you learnt how to get off a slope in driving school.

Hi all,

i do not have the above problem, but mine was during low rpm during driving, 1.8-2k rpm while my accelerator constant, the car power like abit jerking, wan to go dun wan go like that, but if i accelerate that ok, check with ws and they say need to floor the pedal, but if i were to whack the car, all if fine. just when i wanna slowly cruise and maintain the pedal, have that weird feel, is it really normal as per ws?

to add on additional information, i just changed spark plug, hence the ws mentioned that they reset the computer sys. hence the car need to re-learnt, hence is normal. is it correct?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebai66org

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back