Interests check of KW V2 Coilover

Re: Interests check of KW V2 Coilover

ac323;980673 said:
no 1 to 1 warranty.....................not too sure if any workshop does keep stock for your model so can give you a 1 to 1 warranty.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Doubt anyone keep stock unless the model of car is new. From my understanding, the distributor has shipment min once a month. Guess the turnover time should be fast.

Perhaps some of the bros here have bad experienced with authorized dealers or distributor. Maybe they would like to share so the rest of us here would have insight and mental preparation getting the premium brands.

arsenal62;980621 said:
wahahaha......KW?? Agent?? Warranty?? Send to Germany??
If suay suay that gonna happen then my advise is - you be prepared to get another new set (other brand - at least for me) will make you feel better.
You guys 保重......

Bro mind to share your experience? You seem to have a bad one.

pancakeparadise;980647 said:
This I agree, warranty or no warranty is bullocks! Might as well save the money on the so-called price premium for a pseudo warranty. When the shocks leak (and for KW, 80% chance it will), see whether your workshop will do a straight-up 1-1 exchange or not. Even send back to agent and wait for the set to be repaired also takes forever. If anyone suay enough to kena leaking shocks, let us know if the workshop really does it because if so, pigs can fly...

Bro are you saying KW has a very chance of 80% leaking? Do you have any brands that you can recommend that is worth the dollar in term of aftersale during warranty?

Jetpilot;980888 said:
Doubt anyone keep stock unless the model of car is new. From my understanding, the distributor has shipment min once a month. Guess the turnover time should be fast.

Perhaps some of the bros here have bad experienced with authorized dealers or distributor. Maybe they would like to share so the rest of us here would have insight and mental preparation getting the premium brands.

think PML or MA also dare not say 1 to 1 exchange on parts......send car in 5pm and collect car by 6pm???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Jetpilot;980891 said:
Bro are you saying KW has a very chance of 80% leaking? Do you have any brands that you can recommend that is worth the dollar in term of aftersale during warranty?
Yes, KW is prone to leaking. Warranty from Agent used to be 1 year, but a lot of people KP that it leaks after 1 year, so the warranty period is now extended to 2 years. BUT, please read this and note: www.autovox.net/ckfinder/userfiles/images/KW/authorized dealer network.jpg

Do you see any workshop at Harvest @ Woodlands listed here? No... So, what kind of 2 year warranty? For all those who bought cheaper than from Agent and the workshop promised you 2 years warranty, better get it in black and white. Otherwise when it leaks, you can only come here and KPKB + LLST.

My suggestion is screw the price premium charged by whatever seller for the pseudo 2-year warranty and just buy KW online for >$1K cheaper. Otherwise get Bilstein, almost leak-proof. Those Taiwanese coilovers also not as leak-prone as KW...

Pancake, Thanks for making ur precious first 3 posts since you join in Jan 13 jus to comment on KW. I heard u.

pancakeparadise;980894 said:
Yes, KW is prone to leaking. Warranty from Agent used to be 1 year, but a lot of people KP that it leaks after 1 year, so the warranty period is now extended to 2 years. BUT, please read this and note: www.autovox.net/ckfinder/userfiles/images/KW/authorized dealer network.jpg

Do you see any workshop at Harvest @ Woodlands listed here? No... So, what kind of 2 year warranty? For all those who bought cheaper than from Agent and the workshop promised you 2 years warranty, better get it in black and white. Otherwise when it leaks, you can only come here and KPKB + LLST.

pancakeparadise;980895 said:
My suggestion is screw the price premium charged by whatever seller for the pseudo 2-year warranty and just buy KW online for >$1K cheaper. Otherwise get Bilstein, almost leak-proof. Those Taiwanese coilovers also not as leak-prone as KW...

hey guys ...

to be fair to TS .
I personally installed my KW with this workshop in harvest on my previous ride Audi .

Guys you can try asking Autovox who is Distributor of KW whether Mirage Garage is the authorise workshop for this KW ?
and also I had been driving my V2 for my audi and there is no problem .

if im not wrong , Mirage is the workshop . Correct me if im wrong and Mirage is reputable in VAG forum .

angela84;980976 said:
hey guys ...

to be fair to TS .
I personally installed my KW with this workshop in harvest on my previous ride Audi .

Guys you can try asking Autovox who is Distributor of KW whether Mirage Garage is the authorise workshop for this KW ?

if im not wrong , Mirage is the workshop . Correct me if im wrong and Mirage is reputable in VAG forum .

so far KW no issue.........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

angela84;980976 said:
hey guys ...

to be fair to TS .

Mirage Garage ~ Your Performance, Our Pride - VAGSG Community

* Angela?
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

yeah your performance our pride is their slogan but im just their customer on my previous ride . not affiliated ar.

angela84;980984 said:
yeah your performance our pride is their slogan but im just their customer on my previous ride . not affiliated ar.
Sure or not? Angela the owner of Mirage also 1984 one leh... And did I read a post of yours about stiff rings somewhere on BMW-SG before? Hmm...

KW V1 ... 4 years already still steady poon pi pi ... and had not been serviced

finger crossed ... the only 1 thing i dislike KW is the "plastic" purple color plate that turn up/down to adjust the coilover. workshop commented after some usage, each time they turn the plate, they worry it breaks ....

angela84;980976 said:
hey guys ...

to be fair to TS .

Yes is from Mirage Garage. Pretty well known in VAG.

pancakeparadise;980894 said:

bro, agree with you. that's why I question whether is the workshop an authorise dealer or a PI coz the price charge is a huge difference. hopefully eddienike bought from the right people and get the deserved warranty. My coil came straight from distributor so that's why I understand it is a 1-1 exchange subject to availability.

As for the leaking part, I do not hear it from my friends who are using it. Guess sometimes buying a product is also depend a lot on luck. I hope my is not a lemon product. Cheers bro.

eddienike;981221 said:
Yes is from Mirage Garage. Pretty well known in VAG.

angela84;980976 said:
hey guys ...

to be fair to TS .

Since eddienike has admitted it is Mirage, I guess it is best to contact Autovox to check if Mirage is the authorise workshop like Angela84 has suggested.

If Mirage, is an authorise workshop and able to give such price, I will be a very unhappy man.:hmmidont:

p/s: There is another workshop at Warvest who specialize in BMW but not a great fan of coil so I doubt it is that workshop. That workshop happens to be a site sponsor here too. ;)

wt_know;981022 said:
KW V1 ... 4 years already still steady poon pi pi ... and had not been serviced

finger crossed ... the only 1 thing i dislike KW is the "plastic" purple color plate that turn up/down to adjust the coilover. workshop commented after some usage, each time they turn the plate, they worry it breaks ....

Bro, heard of Plating on Plastic? I guess we should be happy that KW is honest and not use POP to hide the actual material of the item. hahahaha...
As for height, the best is to set once and set it good. Or most twice. Cheers!

pancakeparadise;981012 said:
Sure or not? Angela the owner of Mirage also 1984 one leh... And did I read a post of yours about stiff rings somewhere on BMW-SG before? Hmm...

Pancakeparadise bro, I suppose you are bro ya?
Chill lah. Everyone here has their fair share of experience and we appreciate your sincere sharing.
End of the day, consumers themselves have the final say.
Anyway enjoy the sheer driving pleasure.

tsg8061;981188 said:
Bro, can share where to service kw...

Autovox is the distributor in Asia or SEA. I don't remember. You can bring your coils to them.
They are at
452 Tagore Industrial Avenue Singapore 787823
Tel: +65 6475 5775
Fax: +65 6475 4474

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubvietnam
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups